Author Topic: I got my staples out  (Read 6014 times)

lins_saving_grace

I got my staples out
« on: February 21, 2008, 04:59:18 am »
And Grace is so happy about that.

I got Grace in the Jeep ok this morning, no help from the friend of mine who offered to help but was a no show today.  she refused to use the Pupstairs I bought last night. she jumpped in the back because it's not that far off the ground with the snow and the angle of the Jeep if it's backed up to the curb.  so we're good.  she's happy to have her staples out. she was eager to visit everyone and bounced around to get treats and love from the ladies there.  they all love her to death.  now she's sleeping.

she decided she can get on the couch now this morning.  i was drying my hair and turned to see her little face peeking around the corner from the arm of the couch.  that stinker.  and she slept with me all night.  we didn't get up at 3am since she was happily sleeping in the middle of the bed at my side.  seems like things are getting back to normal.

Icerotti

Re: I got my staples out
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 05:45:07 am »
Grace must feel so much better to get them out. Glad things are starting to return to the norm for you  ;D

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:48:56 am »
Good to hear!  It sounds like she's relieved, as I'm sure you are too!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 06:34:05 am »
Wooohooo! Sounds like she's on the mend. :) I bet you're both so happy that you don't have to be so careful with every little movement!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 06:53:36 am »
Glad to learn that Grace is doing better.  Even though the TPLO is a patented surgery there seems to be great differences among vets regarding post op care and rehab.  Just curious about what your vet recommended for Grace???

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:15:13 am »
Congrats to both of you!!! Its great when life becomes "normal" again  ;)  Big furry hugs to both of you!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:17 am »
I did ask about this the day of her ACL replacement.  he said the recovery is faster and is used for show dogs or working dogs who need to be back on their feet sooner but in the long run the end result is the same.  the only difference is the price.  he doesn't do TPLO simply at all. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 08:23:38 am »
Wooohooo! Sounds like she's on the mend. :) I bet you're both so happy that you don't have to be so careful with every little movement!
thanks.

we still have to be careful.  she's on restricted movement for 2 more weeks.  after that we get to increase walking by 5 minutes a week.  after 2 weeks from now we have 3 months of slow recovery but no gasping at every flinch.