Big Paws Only Dog Forums
November 19, 2017, 10:04:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: glucosamine & chonodroitin?  (Read 2425 times)
pyr4me
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »

Do you give your big paw glucosamine & chonodroitin as a daily supplement/preventative to support joint health? I am wondering if this is something I should be doing with Jenny, and if so, are there particular brands that you would recommend? Thanks!

Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven
People Whisperer
Supreme Drooler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »

I have been giving Lily a joint support by "Ark" since she was 4 months. We will see if it works later on Wink Grin

"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Smiley

London_Pyr_Lover
BPO Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »

I give Naja a tablespoon of liquid Glucosamine every morning with her breakfast,  It's Called Glucosamine 5000  I think.  It's by a company out of Quebec Canada, and I get it from the health food store.  Smiley

My Sponsership page for my very first race!
maxsmom
Leader of the Pack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:47:37 AM »

I give our dogs lots of raw meaty bones, especially the knuckle bones and chicken feet, so they have a natural source for both.
Kathy

Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats
Guardian Angel's White lightning
Top Doggie Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:15:10 AM »

chicken's feet, dried trachea (bravo make the cheapest $$) and cow boxes (their voice box) all have natural great sorces of glucosamine and chondrotin!
CrazyLoveRosie
Paw-meister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

We've had a few threads on glucosamine and chondroitin already and it seems from previous threads that many of us give our dogs both of these supplements. I noticed after a couple months of giving them to her that she was a little more active around the yard, running and bucking around. We used to give her the pill form (you can get them at any pharmacy) at 1500mg/1200mg dosage, but we found it more economical to get a powder form on KvVetSupply.co m now that we're giving her a 3000mg/2400mg dosage. The website actually has some great choices on glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, so that would be a good place to browse around.

Rosie - Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: