Author Topic: Soldiers Behaving Badly ** Warning, disturbing video link**  (Read 13115 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Soldiers Behaving Badly ** Warning, disturbing video link**
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »
WARNING: The video link in this post is graphic and heartbreaking. There is a description of the action following the link if you don't want to watch it. I guarantee it will p*ss you off to know how some of our soldiers are "amusing" themselves overseas while serving in the military.

PLEASE!  TAKE 5 MINUTES TO READ THIS AND TAKE ACTION

Remember, the animals who suffer at the hands of humans do not have the option of hitting "delete" and having their pain disappear.

You can watch the video if you want, but it's graphic.  I watched it so that I could tell those of you who can't watch it, that it is real.  And I can describe what happened so that, hopefully, you'll be enraged enough to take action.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/43462/9fb16ab3/us_soldaat_gooit_puppy.html

Watch the video or read this:  One U.S. soldier films, while another holds a puppy by the scruff of the neck, talking about how he is such a cute puppy.  The puppy is very young, black and white, a butterball, not making a sound.  You can hear a dog barking in the background, which I assume is a distraught mom.  The soldier then throws the puppy over the cliff.  The puppy yelps continually as he flies through the air and is silent after the thump as he hits the ground.  All of this is shown and heard on the video.  With video evidence, there is no denying this occurrence or the identify of the soldiers involved.

Please do these 2 simple things

1.    Sign the petition:  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fight-puppy-killing-soldiers
      you don't have to take the time to comment, just fill out the "sign" info so that your vote
        can be counted

2.    Email Major General Robert E. Milstead, Jr.
        Director, Public Affairs
        robert.milstea d@usmc.mil
      Let him know that this action must not be tolerated by soldiers who represent our country, that
      animal cruelty laws exist, etc.  Just a short 3 sentence email will do.

More information on the soldier who threw the puppy below.

David Motari

DAVID MOTARI FACTS:
1) He is now in Iraq, or Hawaii (in Kaneohe Bay)
2) He is the soldier in the video (see the pics of Iraq on his Bebo site for confirmation)
3) He married Jessica Thatcher in January 2008 (google: david motari heraldnet)
4) His wife moved to Hawaii on Feb 24, 2008 (google: david motari jessica myspace, choose "nathen - 20", her friend)
5) He signed Ipetitions:
152 David Motari I am a Marine currently serving in Iraq. I would hate to see our team move out of Seattle...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:12:34 pm by DaneInsane »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers Behaving Badly ** Warning, disturbing video link**
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 11:17:47 pm »
I clicked this link accidentally a day or two ago...  I burst into tears that some people can be so callous and cruel.

Its even more disturbing that there are soldiers battling red tape to bring home dogs that they fell in love with over there... and then there are these idiots making a bad name for the rest of them. 
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers Behaving Badly
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:07:05 am »
I'm speechless and in tears.  That marine needs serious mental help.  Seeing the video made me want to punch the computer screen (and I am not a violent person).  I'm incredibly disgusted, what a disgrace!

Also..sorry I modified the title.  The video is just so incredibly disturbing.

Thanks for modifying the title. I think it's appropriate
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 12:09:10 am »
I also have the soldier's home address and phone number. I didn't think it would be appropriate to post it here, but if the moderators don't mind, I will send it via pm.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:11:14 am »
I just received this auto-reply from Major General Milstead:

I will be out of the office for the remainder of the week but will continue to monitor
email on my Blackberry. For those emailing me concerning the video of a Marine mistreating
a puppy, I can tell you that this video is both shocking and deplorable - these
actions are contrary to the high standards we expect from our Marines.  The Marine
Corps has initiated an investigation; we do not tolerate this type of behavior and
will take appropriate action.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:26:22 am »
sick barsteward.

i signed it. He needs to be brought back home humiliated then spend along time thinkin bout what hes done in prison.

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 07:44:36 am »
sick barsteward.

i signed it. He needs to be brought back home humiliated then spend along time thinkin bout what hes done in prison.

From what CNN said yesterday he is home back in the states.

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:06:33 am »
I cannot bring myself to watch the video.  I know it would haunt me for weeks.  This bastard should be dishonorably discharged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!

As far as the public opinion backlash....I doubt that he cares if people are upset with him for murdering a puppy.  He probably likes the attention.  However, I'll bet it would upset him to know that people view him as a pathetic macho jerk with an incredibly small penis.  Many guys who do horrible things like this are overcompensati ng for insecurities they have about their size or prowess in bed.  They want everyone to think they are so "manly"...and it really bothers them when people see otherwise.  If you want to cause this guy any kind of emotional distress, include a small penis comment any and every time you mention him.  That is probably the only thing that will get to a loser like this....
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:06 am »
I signed it. I hope he get what he gets what he deserves.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
I signed the petition.  I sincerely hope that he is procecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  It just makes me sick to hear and see some of the things that people think is funny.  Since when is murdering the innocent an initiative of the Marines?  What happened to Protecting the helpless, and serving the needy?  What little faith the world has in the American Military is being eroded by actions like this of its individuals.  I hope he fries and then meets an animal lover in prison who does terrible things to him.  But that's my mean streak coming out.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 01:31:42 pm »
ARGH!!!!!!! I sent the link out to a bunch of my friends this morning. My guy friend replied that it was fake and set up by some anti war people. What the h*ll is wrong with him? I should maybe pay to have his eyes examined and pay for the glasses too. Idiot!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 01:50:20 pm »
I looked it up on snopes, hoping it was a fake video.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/throwpuppy.asp For those that don't want to read the whole thing they still don't know if it is real or fake.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline MydogMike

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:24:59 pm »
I am SOOOOO PROUD to say my whole family (Men) are MARINES ! The "Marines" if you want to call them that in this video ,needs a visit by the MPs , I sure hope someone ...somewhere has reported this video to thier commanding officer. Something needs to be done to these "BOYS" ...they are NOT MARINES !! Shame on them ! They make the REAL MARINES looks bad. Please someone ..Pull Rank on them and set them straight !!  :-[

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 06:51:22 pm »
He is abroad flying the American flag for the people of America.
Instead he is disgracing the American name. Maximum penalty is needed to make an example of him.
I also think that any rumors that the video is a fake is pure B.S.!!!!!! I wish
They should use his uniform to pick up dog turd at is local humane society just like that football player "Vicks".

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »
This just makes me sick. I cant watch the video. I cant do that to myself today. Just the thought of what has happened is enough to send me over the edge.
I will do another post- there has been some more info on this guy and who to write or contact. I am sure that the contacts are overwhelmed and I hope that we all continue to overwhelm his superiors until something is done.

I just can not understand the lack of compassion of some human beings. What went wrong in his life to make him such sick person. I stress daily over the ones I cant save and to have someone who represents my country and fights for my freedom to do something as unthinkable as what this, saddens me greatly.