Author Topic: Where's Polly the hamster??  (Read 5152 times)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Where's Polly the hamster??
« on: March 06, 2008, 06:00:15 pm »
Well today was a sad/funny(haha) kinda day. My daughter's class was having community helpers come in a talk well Grandma runs the OSPCA here and she went in to talk.

Grandma got here and the school called sorry no cats could come(this is after we had checked and double checked to see if this was ok) so the teacher had already told the class that Grandma was bringing in a pet so after some quick thinking...let s bring in my daughters hamster 'Polly'.

Not to worry she's very friendly, active etc...we load 'Polly' up in the car I check cause she's usually very active..I tap on the top of the cage..Grandma's like should I go back inside and bring some treats??? Ummm no, no I don't think so.. She was rock solid!! But on the way back into the house to get my son's hamster 'Me not Know' we came up with some awful things we could have said if we hadn't realized before we got to the school...heeeh eehee "sssshhhh children we have to be very quiet so we don't wake her","aaaawww doesn't she look so cute all curled up in a ball sleeping" and it went on and on...I am a very sick and twisted mama!!!

So on with the story we get to school my daughter has now told everyone that 'Polly' is coming and we get there she's like what where's 'Polly'? Why did you bring 'MNK'? Grandma goes on to tell the class that hamsters don't live that long and etc... one little boy pipes up "sometimes if you forget to feed your hamster they die right?" Yup your right little boy that's why you have to feed them all the time Grandma says very calmly heeheehee(that is not why she died) she came to us as an adult we have no idea how old she was. So anyways RIP 'Polly' the hamster, hope you had fun time living here  :-*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:48:22 pm by LibbyP »
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Polly the hamster??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:43 pm »
We sat her down after school and told her about 'Polly' and the first thing out of her mouth was "well she was a good hamster, can I get another one?" So I'd say she is fine about it, we've had alot of loss this past year and I think telling them the truth about it helps alot. So now they are going to share 'Me not Know'
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:40:51 pm »
Aww :'(

Well at least she's handling it well.  It sounds like some good solid honesty from Mama helped alot.  ;)  Good luck with the sharing of "MNK", and RIP little Polly.  :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
Can you explain the name Me Not Know lol.  So unique :)

When we got the hamsters my son(then 3yrs) we kept asking him what he was going to name her...he came up with 'Runny' cause she loves to run in her wheel...umm lets think of another name ok?? He thought for acouple days and didn't think of another one and every time someone would ask him her name it's always been the same 'MNK'  ;D