Author Topic: is it time to come out?  (Read 5030 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
is it time to come out?
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:27:15 pm »
So Titan has out grown his crate, the biggest that they have.  He now is starting to whine in his crate, he is 9 months old, never has had a mistake in the house, actually never has done anything wrong in the house (so i know i am doomed when i say thing) but i think it is time to come out of the crate at night.  he is sleeping more now, i think perhaps he is growing.  He is out like a light right now, i think i am going to do it..last night was his last night in the crate......(as long as nothing is destroyed)... he isn't a chewer, he doesn't eat anything he shouldn't...so here we go!!!

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Re: is it time to come out?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
good luck!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »
Good luck.  I have a wire crate I keep at my dog sitters that you may want look into if you need a bigger crate.  It is 4 wide, 5 Deep and 3.5 high.  Butler who is over 200 these days has plenty of space in it. It goes up and down in a jiff and stores flat so it does not take a ton of room.  I paid $150.00 (ish) last summer at a store called Fleet Farm.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »
Ya I too have a 48 in and Marley did do fine in it.  He hasnt seen the inside since he was probably 150 or so...I think Marley started sleeping out around 6 months.  Good Luck

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:43:06 pm »
We are going through this same thing but with our Titan!
Back in Jan i just could not bare for him to in his cage any longer and started letting him out (@ 7 months) at night. We put a baby gate at the top of the staris closed all bedroom doors and left our door open and put his bed in the hallway just outside our room... he did REALLY well. The 1st week was up and down with minimal sleep (your always wondering what he's in to) but after that he would calm right down and sleep all night in his bed! We brought up his toys and a bone and he loved the free range.
It's just be recent (2nd day trail) that we are letting him out during the day (just the afternoons) and yesturday he did great nothing was chewed up i am pretty sure he slept all day!
Good luck!!!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:25:06 pm »
Well we had a wonderful night!!! Nothing destroyed, nothing eaten...althou gh i did notice that he was not excited to see me, and all he wanted to do was sleep more.   :-\  So i don't know what is better.  This morning i put him in his crate for 30 min...and 15 minutes later he whined the whole time...the spoiled little bas**red.   Already he starts to whine..lol oh well. He is a good boy now, and he has so much fun with everyone and everything.  Tonight we will do the same....During the day, he comes to work with me  from 11-3 then we come home and play outside with everyone here...