Author Topic: Never Again  (Read 7580 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Never Again
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:20:39 am »
Ok, so it is totally muddy and gross outside right now from all the melting snow, and this HUGE Saint Bernard came running after Miles out of nowhere while we were on our walk. Naturally, Miles and I were both very excited.

The owner wasnt far behind, and Miles and the Saint played for a little while. Well, Miles got SOOOOO muddy from him rolling around on the ground with this big boy. So then, the Saint took a pee, lifted his leg, and miles ran right to the side of him while he was peeing...and he peed all over Miles!!!

So, covered with Mud and Pee...we make the trek home. And in the tub he goes. It's not the easiest thing coaxing a 100 pound puppy in a bathtub when he KNOWS he's going to have a bath.

Ok, so I eventually coax him in with treats sitting all around the tub. YES! I finally got him in. Ok, then I forgot a cup....so I had to go out to the kitchen, and naturally he jumps out...water everywhere. So then I finally coax him back in, and he decides water is so much fun...and he starts splashing and splashing and splashing the water EVERYWHERE. Ok...so after getting splashed numerous time, then him shaking the water off him about 8 times after that, I finally get one side rinsed...one side left to go...and he somehow snuck out of my hands.

By this time, he will not get back in the tub for ANYTHING. I ended up having to rinse him on the tile floor.

Needless to say, my bathroom now looks like a tornado went through it, followed by torrential rains....And I look like I was standing in it.

Never again will I give Miles a bath in the bathtub....

(P.S. I don't know what I was thinking.)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Never Again
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:45:11 am »
LOL! That's so gross - poor Miles...Peed on!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:03:12 pm »
I take my Pyr to the groomers, its a bathe it yourself place so a few bucks but no mess!!! They always curse me after ive left (all the white fur) but its so much easier!!!

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:47:21 pm »
 ;D   ;D  ;D  HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm sorry ~ but the vision of it all gave me a much needed laugh!  :D

Now let's see the "After Pictures"!  :o  ;D I'm sure Miracle Miles is looking lovely!

How YOU doing?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:19:18 am »
HEE HEEE HEEE!!!  That's fantastic, kinda sounds like the day my mom had with the dogs last week, except she broke down and took them to the groomers instead.  I was at work, the puppies got out near the barn and got just COVERED in mud, cow poo and whatever else is back there.  She got all stressed out and couldn't handle trying to bathe them both cause she's studying right now, and I had to go right to school after work so I couldn't come home to bath them...Sooo...$100 dollers later, we've got two beautiful white fluffy puppy dogs who got all muddy and gross again the next day at the dog park!  ::) ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline jezebelle

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:07:20 pm »
LOL!!!!!!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 03:20:06 pm »
LOL!!!!!!

Yes. Funny now. hahaha.

Certainly not then though! ;)

P.S. To this day, I have not given Miles a bath in my bathtub. He has however, gotten a bath in my mom's bathtub (with her assistance), outside, and at the self dog wash. Best 10 dollars ever spent. Seriously.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 05:53:58 pm »
Your story reminds me of when my hubby helped his mom bathe her chows,  who HATED baths!  Funny stuff but im sure you werent laughing then.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »
Really I'm laughing with you and not at you :D One of my birds is terrified to get in the shower or tub,so I just spray him as he runs around the bathroom.I figure it just means it's time to clean the bathroom.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie