Author Topic: Here we go again!  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Here we go again!
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:13:36 pm »
So we are changing Titan's food AGAIN!!!
We are feeding Innova large breed puppy but have heard from many sources that the same food has caused allergies and hives the same as what Titan has be experiancing. So off to the pet food store....
Any ideas on a good food... Egale Pack??? Oven Baked Traditions???
Thanks

Lyn

Re: Here we go again!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:24 pm »
What about Canidae All life stages? I'm feeding it now and Bubba my allergy dog is doing great on it.

Does Titan have any allergies that you know of?

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:20 pm »
Harley seems to have beef allergies - he gets all itchy (although I've never seen hives) Beef also seems to dry out his skin (thus making things more itchy!)

We feed Canidae (sp?) chicken  he seems to like it we did feed natural balance duck and potatoe that worked also but was quite a bit more money, was involved in the tainted dog food scare and then we heard about canidae here and decided to try it.  So far so good

Best of luck that certainly is a big baby with lots of room for hives!!

Randy and Harley

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:23:15 pm »
We had Titan on Holistic Blend (lamb based) and he had the runs...the food the breeder was feeding him then we switched to Innova he got hives... whats next  ???
I have looked at the Canidae food and it looks good but it's protein is 26%... I was told to keep the protein under 24% to insure slow growth... awwwww so many things to consider!  :-\

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:33 pm »
About this time last year, Winston began to go through a phase where his coat was very thin, he was extremely itchy, and we ended up with huge cow-pie-poop in the backyard.  So, we switched him from the Canidae All Life Stages to the Candidae Chicken and Rice.  I can't believe how much it helped him!  His coat looks great and the (ahem!) "output" is totally manageable now. 

But, I am curious about this diet...Now that all is going well, should I be supplementing???  Here are the ingredients for the Canidae Chicken:

All Natural Ingredients:
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Dried Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.