Author Topic: OMG she drives me nuts!  (Read 5243 times)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
OMG she drives me nuts!
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:42:05 pm »
Out of all the pups I have ever had, in various breeds, KC is the only one to drive me nuts!
She cries for hours when we put her in the crate. Always the pups would cry for a bit, 20 minutes max and learn that it isn't going to get them anywhere. I even put my Yorkies crate next to KC's to help her. Well he gets annoyed and eventually starts to growl and bark at her to be quiet. He only shuts up when she does.
Last night DH ended up taking her outside to do her thing and then instead of putting her back in her crate he fell asleep with her on the kitchen floor.
I am not really sure what to do as I have never had to deal with this before.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: OMG she drives me nuts!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:14:18 pm »
Gee thanks! lol

She willingly goes in and even on her own. She will lay in there and chew her pig ears even with the door open. It is just when we shut the door.

I am thinking it is partially separation anxiety due to her leaving her family. But she acts like she is comfortable here. She was sleeping on her back today. She runs the whole yard and plays with Titan till she is completely worn out.
Danielle

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:34:36 pm »
I will tell dh to try the increased time separation but at the moment she will cry as soon as you shut the door. She has a comfy bed and we put a blanket over the top. It is really dark  in the room(no light) when we shut the door. I'll have dh put a shirt in there too. But I can't use the scent plug in as Germans have different outlets.
Danielle

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:29:52 am »
Not really. The power differences would blow it in a matter of minutes. and to use a transformer to convert the electricity would be a waste of money. The transformers use a lot and we try to not use them.

She did do better last night and dh didn't sleep on the floor. lol But she was so happy to see him, also holding it all night, she peed all the way out the door.
Danielle

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »
She'll get better with time, as you probably already know!!!  Julie pretty much covered most of the ideas!!  Issy wasn't fond of her crate at first either, then she would go right in and was doing so good, then one day she decided she didn't like it anymore and when I would tell her to crate she'd run in the opposite direction!!!!  That too past.  Navarre cried constantly in his crate as a pup, Issy didn't cry very much but would whine and constantly walk in circles so she was making more noise than if she would have just cried!!!  Good luck!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix