Author Topic: Someone tried to steal my Annie!!!!!!!! (**UPDATED**)  (Read 20035 times)

bigdogs@5501

Re: Someone tried to steal my Annie!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:49:33 pm »
Wonder if ICE should have been called- And did he just get a ticket and let loose? Poor Annie.
Its sad that you cant even leave the pup in the car for just a few minutes. I got to where I was always taking a blanket and would put the pyr pups on the blanket inside of a shopping cart when I had to get them out.
I would persue the matter with local law enforcement. Insist that additional charges be brought.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Someone tried to steal my Annie!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »
That is just horrifying.  I was at the dog park once, with my Cabo when he was alive, and some guy tried to take him from the dog park!  The guy was petting him and then just bent over and clipped a leash to his collar and started walking out of the park.  Of course, I was watching my dog, so I saw the whole thing and flew at him like a rabid weasel.  What is wrong with people?

I hope that Annie is okay and not too traumatized.  I agree with mastiffmomoftw o - Mr. Foot should have taken an accidental visit to Crotchtown.

So sorry you had to go through this - thank God you were right there...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Re: Someone tried to steal my Annie!!!!!!!! (update)
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 11:20:28 pm »
OK some updates:

Mr. No Good Thief is on his second arrest according to the officer I talked to.

Good news! Thanks to Scott's (the employee that tackled him) testimony that Mr-no-good-!@*#&@#*& thief had Annie OUTSIDE the car when he took off, they were able to charge him with Grand Theft, and because of Annie's screaming, Animal Abuse. I had the person who gave me Annie (I was actually given annie, not charged for her, but still) call them to verify that her pet quality puppies are sold for $1000, which made the difference in the Theft-Grand theft.

SCOTT, IE Annie's hero for catching the bastard, AND holding him there, got an all expense paid trip to dinner tonight with his family. I bought him a gift certificate for the cheesecake factory, bought his dog a gift basket, and gave his daughter a little stuffed golden retriever. Funnily enough, Scott was in the Army with my ex husband. Small world! His boss is also very aware of the situation since I had to run inside and ask for help to get more people to come out in case there was a fight, and he was very nice and helpful. Once the guy was pinned the boss brought out big heavy duty box zip ties and zip tied his hands behind his back and his feet together and then they let him sit up until the police could get there.

Annie and Cisco are doing much better now, and don't seem any worse for the ware, except Annie still doesnt want to get in the car. I have been picking her up and feeding her cookies and treats and peanutbutter in the car to try to get her over the fear.

Can you imagine how hard it was for me not to hit this guy? If I had caught him I dont think anything could have held me back, I would have wailed on him. Unfortunatly I have this whole, not-hitting-a-subdued prisoner thing, HA! The whole time we were waiting for the police to show up (didnt take long) I was pacing around thinking about how I used to box in my teens and wondering just how hard I could get ONE right hook in. I did rant and rave at this guy and told him that if Annie was hurt I would see to it that he go to jail for a VERY long time.

Anyway- theres your updates! Thanks for all the kind words. Its been a nightmare. I'm just glad she is ok.

Oh, and LOL Also, Whiskey took off after the guy, but I have no doubts if he caught them he would have just licked him and wiggled around. He wasn't going after him aggressively, just knew I was running after him and the guy was running still when I dropped his leash so I guess he thought it was a game. When Scott tackled the guy, Whiskey was dancing around them licking their faces.  ::)  ::)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Someone tried to steal my Annie!!!!!!!! (**UPDATED**)
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 11:46:42 pm »
holy crap.!!!!!!!  I have spent 20 years working on self control and I dont think I would have had the self control you displayed. You did all the right things, by going to get help and not just chasing the bastard down and having to be involved in a fight where you could have gotten injured. Good for you. Your smart actions saved your pup. I am so happy you and your dogs are doing well, and are safe and sound. Please post as to what happens to the person who did this.  If you can find out WHY he would steal a dog, it would be helpful so we can all be more aware. Have a safe and peaceful night, full of wet happy dog kisses.  Brooklily's mum
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 02:50:02 am »
Holy cow!  I am glad to hear that you are all doing ok.  We worry all the time.  I am originally from the east coast and my husband always thinks I am silly for thinking someone might try to take off with one of the dogs.  I had him put masterlocks on the fence to keep both the dogs in and strangers out!  People can be sooooo cruel.  Hope the pups and you can take a deep breath and get in a good cuddle after all this gets taken care of.  What is the world coming to???
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 05:15:00 am »
My heart still pounds thinking about it and reading your update. I am glad they increased the charges.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Icerotti

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:10 am »
Glad to hear they decided to charge him "properly". That was very nice what you did for Scott.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 07:37:02 am »
I am so glad that you came out when you did and reacted so quickly and did all the right things (by calling for help etc.)

Poor Annie and Cisco that had to be so scary; as for you I can't even imagine what I would have done in your situation; I'm sure I wouldn't have handled it as well.

I was talking to one of my friends about what happened and she wanted to know how come they weren't charging him with an additional charge of animal cruelty?  But from the update I see that they are.

It just kills me that people have so little values and morals that they see something they want and just take it...what is wrong with some people.

Please give hugs and kisses to all of your beautiful babies for me and I hope Annie gets over her fear of the car.

Randy and Harley

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 10:47:09 am »
JUSTICE! It's great when it actually works the way it was intended to! I'm so sad that Annie has car phobia now, but if anyone can get her past it, YOU can! Wow - what a story! Sooo glad they upped it to Grand Theft, too!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Lyn

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 10:50:18 am »
What an awesome update! I'm glad he's not just getting a slap on the wrist.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 12:42:46 pm »
How did I miss this?? What a near-tragedy!! I'm so glad it played out like it did. Please tell Scott he is OUR hero, too!! What a great guy, and the store manager - quick thinking grabbing those zip ties.

I think you should write a letter to PetSmart's corporate offices telling them about the situation and how wonderfully their employees reacted to it and helped you out. They definitely deserve all the kudos they can get.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 01:29:46 pm »
I'm so glad to hear your update--it sounds like this thief will be charged as he deserves to be.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

marypyrs

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 02:20:56 pm »
What a HORRIBLE experience! >:( Those poor Puppers! Poor you! That guy is a real Wacko & I hope they throw the book at him.

It's a happy update though. The guy from Petsmart is a real Hero & it's wonderful that you showed your appreciation in such a lovely and loving way.  :-*

AudgePadge

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:33 pm »
I'm glad everything turned out okay...Hopeful ly that jerk gets what he deserves...mak es me sad to think about what the world is coming to...

Same thing happened to me once...not such a happy ending though...Someo ne stole my pitbull puppy out of the car and took his collar off and left it on the hood, and the door wide open. 

I always wonder what happened to Shiloh and I pray that he's okay...

Annie and Cisco and Whiskey are sooo lucky to have you to protect them!  I don't think I wouldve handled everything as well as you did... I'd probably be in jail lol

What a heroic ending!!! XOXO Audrey, Monty & Roscoe

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 06:35:54 pm »
I'm so glad to hear such great news after what could have been a terrible tragedy.  That was a wonderful thing you did for Scott and his family too.  A fitting reward for a BPO hero!  What PetSmart was this?  I think we should inundate them with letters of praise for Scott for saving precious Annie.  I'm sure Annie will get over her fear of the car and I'm glad they are charging him with Grand theft and animal abuse.  It may be a drop in the bucket, but if it makes one would-be dog thief change his mind, then it is SOOO worth it.

Even if Whiskey thought it was a game, that guy probably didn't know it when he saw a dog barreling down on him!!  I would love to have heard what was running through his head when he saw Scott AND another dog chasing him down.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer