Author Topic: has anyone heard of back to basics dog food?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
has anyone heard of back to basics dog food?
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:05:11 pm »
My old boss used this food with her corgi's, but added raw to it as well.  I gave a little to titan (sample pack since we got 1st place they gave away toys and food) and he seems to do well with it.  BUT....the first ingredient is pork meal..fine...t he next one is ground corn. the website is telling you how great corn is, and i have been told and taught different..... .what do you think?

ingredients for the pork (he doesn't do well with the chicken)
Pork Ingredients

Pork Meal, Ground Corn, Chicken Fat (Preserved with natural mixed tocopherols [Vitamin E] Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract), Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Whole Eggs, Fish Meal (Herring), Natural Flavorings, Cheese Meal, Lecithin, Alfalfa Meal, Fish Oil, Canola Oil, Monosodium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, DL Methionine, Dried Streptococcus Faccium Fermentation Products, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Products, Garlic Powder, Natural Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamins & Chelated Minerals*

*Vitamins & Chelated Minerals: Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Thiamine Monomitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: has anyone heard of back to basics dog food?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:10:26 pm »
this is their corn claim...

CORN
Our corn comes from a select group of growers in the mid-west and is certified non-GMO (Genetically Modified). The non-GMO is another concern for pet enthusiasts. Corn is 91% digestible, one of the best sources of linoleic acid and Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids, provides essential amino acids and fiber. Corn is nutritionally superior grain compared with others because it contains a balance of nutrients not found in other grains, and it is known as the "King of Carbohydrates". Back to BasicsĀ® corn is more expensive than most because it is human grade!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:34 pm »
bump because i think i am going tommorow to buy it perhaps???

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:04:23 pm »
I wouldn't feed this food to my dog :-\ It's pretty much made out of corn...whateve r they are saying that corn is great total BS...sorry :(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:05:56 pm »
ok that helps....i thought so too..but the sample i gave him worked well...and we are going to NY... so i just thought....but no that is ifne....

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:32:27 pm »
see.. i thought so too..granted pork works wonders with titan...we actuall give him raw pork and he loves it..but besides that there is a breeder of mastiffs that actually makes the food....but anyway, i can try a different one. I just figured that for going to shows it would be easier bringing kibble verses raw.