Author Topic: Merlin 1, Mom 0  (Read 7591 times)

Offline gr8dame

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Merlin 1, Mom 0
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:31:07 am »
 ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:55:09 pm by gr8dame »

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Merlin 1, Mom 0
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:35:06 am »
OMG!!!!  As I was reading I held my nose too!!!  But I must admit I was laughing at you commentary!  I hope that the swelling isn't too much and the black eyes arent' too bad either.  Although the hockey team might be impressed!!   Feel better.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Gemz

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:36:06 am »
aww poor merlin, I bet he got all confused when you bent down to play then suddenly you were gushing with blood.
hope he isnt too traumatised   :P

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:51:28 am »
I really hope that next week will be much better for you Stella!!! Tons of ham and no blood :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:40 am »
Dale said he was standing over me, shifting from side to side, moaning and grumbling. Either he was concerned, his head hurt, or he was ticked because I was sitting on his ball. The jury is still out on that one.
Stella

Aww! No, I think he was saying "Mom? Mom? Mommy! I'm really really really really sorry! Um. So, can we play ball now?"
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 10:41:42 am »
OK I admit it..and I have been there.  Sometimes I try to kiss Harley on the top of his pointy little head and bang!! right in the nose, or under the chin, clanking my teeth together!!

My day so far, 16 year old son turns off the alarm and goes back to bed, misses the bus (first time all year so I'm not to upset) I drive him to school, get a text message..Uh Mom I forgot my baseball stuff can you bring it???  Darling daughter 9 years old...I don't want to get up and drive son to school it is his fault for missing the bus let him walk...ok 5 miles??  She gets up and has no pants (that she wants to wear) so I make her wear some she doesn't like...well she can be a bit#%.  By the way Mom today is the day I need donuts or cookies for music class...get her on the school bus...drive to supermarket, drop cookies at school...drop baseball stuff at other school...go to work...(thankfully I work at sons school!)

Sorry for hijacking the thread - hubby doesn't understand how my life can be stressful with a little part time job (30 hours a week) - boy would I like to switch places for a day

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 12:30:46 pm »
Ouch Kali and Fire have gotten me a few times and it definitely hurts.  Hopefully your face feels better soon.  My guess is he wanted his ball cause that's how Kali's mind works LOL.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 01:48:17 pm »
Sorry Stella. Its actually Merlin 2, Mom 0. Don't forget the ham burgling incident earlier in the week. :) hahahhaa!

I can't relate. I have never gotten a bizarre injury from Cabeza. The worst that could happen with him is that I trip over him in the middle of the night because he sleeps in doorways and looks like a shadow. That hasn't happened yet, but now that I've said it, you should probably expect a post in the next few days. Murphy's law and all of that! hahha!

Sorry Merlin busted your schnozz. Its a good thing they're so cute, right? ;)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 02:14:55 pm »
Oh, you're poor nose!  Yes, I have been there too.  I'm also guessing Merlin wanted his ball.  Their noggins are so big and thick he probably didn't feel a thing.  I think he was trying to understand why you're swatting at little birds flying around your head, rather than tossing his ball to him.

If it's any consolation, Sierra swept me off my feet last night and NOT in the good way!  We were outside adding on to our pool deck and she started to wander a little too far into the woods, so I called her to me.  Good news is, she came as soon as I called (YAY!!!).  Bad news is, she failed to notice I was right in her line of fire.  Normally she comes barreling down at you and veers off to the side right before she gets to you, so I didn't move.  Well, she must have forgotten to swerve because she plowed right into my knee at top speed, hyper-extending it.  I thought she broke my leg.  I flipped over her and landed on my face in the dirt.  Needless to say I was done helping with the deck.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 05:37:12 pm »
oh no not funny...that hurts....i got head butt from jazmine and i know that feeling...it is like no other feeling...my nose it tingaling now in sympathy for you,,,, :'(