Author Topic: It MUST be in the water!!!  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
It MUST be in the water!!!
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:58:24 pm »
Its a HIVE update!!! And its not the food its the water!
We were at the vets on tusday cuz of Titan's neuter and we were all talking about his hives...they had done a biopy on one...we were talking about environmental issues and allergies and got on the topic of water. Well... about 3 months ago (when the hives began) we stared Titan on tap water..not thinking about the water softener for one second. So the vet had said that sometimes the salt in the water can have a reaction on animals. Just like humans. So we have RO (reverse osmostis) water in the house that hubby and I drink (Titan was drinking too) so we started feeding that to him and guess what NO HIVES!!! Its only been 4 days with no trace of hives so we are still keeping our fingers crossed. So if it is the water...I need to have a garage sale for all this food we have been testing these last few months! I called the local humain society and they can accept it unless its in a sealed bag!  :-\ Let me tell you from all the stess this week with Titan and his neuter this is defently a BREATH OF FRESH AIR or should I say A NICE COOL GLASS OF RO WATER!!!  ;D

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: It MUST be in the water!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:07:39 pm »
Wow! That's good news, you must feel so relieved to find out the cause of his hives...who would've thunk it, the water!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:12:53 pm »
THRILLED is more like it!  ;D :D ;)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:32:40 pm »
LOL! Great news, but from your post title, I thought you were going to say you were PREGNANT!!  :D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:29 am »
LOL! Great news, but from your post title, I thought you were going to say you were PREGNANT!!  :D

ha ha!  I thought the exact same thing!  I thought to myself "Who the heck is pregnant NOW?!".  lol

Good news about the hives though!  Must be a huge weight off your shoulders!  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:08:16 am »
EVERYBODY around me is prego.... dont "plan" on having a baby for a couple more years...one giant dog is enough worry on me. LOL  ;D
Yes; the water softner adds huge doses of salt to your tap water...plus we live in a rual area and they also add high doses of cholorine to the water as well..so still no hives today! So EXCITED!! Plus Titan is back to his old self again...he was just not himself with hives...so glad to have him back!

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 06:27:54 pm »
I am sooooo glad you found the answer to the hives. I know how frustrating that can be. Hope all continues to be well. ;D