Author Topic: Ouch?  (Read 5899 times)

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Ouch?
« on: March 27, 2008, 05:13:45 pm »
So i've noticed since i spayed Bailey she's got what looks like blood around her bottom.  I'm not sure if the two are related or if I should be worried.  Could the spay not have worked?
Sarah

Bailey: Pyrenees (11 Months)
Baxter: Yellow Lab (7 Years)

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 05:17:08 pm »
No it's on her fur and it's not where the insision was, it's right where she goes to the bathroom.  Needless to say i'm a bit concerned.
Sarah

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:25:40 pm »
It's been quite a while since the surgury.  Her stitches have been gone for quite a while.  She doesn't act like she's in pain and she doesnt have a hard time going to the bathroom or anything but it looks like she might be bleeding.
Sarah

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:54:54 pm »
The only reason i've hesitated is because she has been going to the bathroom normally and she isn't acting like she's sick.  I guess it can't hurt to get her checked out.
Sarah

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 01:17:46 am »
I'd like to 4th or 5th the vet suggestion.   ;)  ;D  Cassie had a UTI a month or so ago.  We took her to the vet b/c one night we noticed that she was pacing by the door & then squatting over & over outside, so it really looked like a UTI to me.  Anyway, though we hadn't noticed blood on her, there was blood in her urine when it was tested.  Your pup may not be acting different yet, but blood in that area from a spayed girl doesn't sound at all normal to me and it could be a UTI or a number of other things that will need vet care. 

Also, if you can't get her to the vet until Monday, if it's a UTI (big if), you could give her a little relief with cranberry pills until then, but I would definitely still get her checked out ASAP!  I have a special sympathy for anyone suffering from UTI's.  I had a double kidney infection a few years ago, nooooo fun!  Please let us know what you find out, ok? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline BaileyBear

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »
Much to my dismay i couldn't get Bailey in until today.  My husband took her to the vet this morning and found out that she didn't have a UTI!  As it turn's out my Bailey has severe allergy's and she's been chewing on herself for relief!  She got a shot, a flee bath, and a hefty combing and now we think she'll be alright.  A good Grooming was a lot of what she needed i guess!
Sarah