Author Topic: Moron at the vet's office-ugh!!!!! Long but had to rant!  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Moron at the vet's office-ugh!!!!! Long but had to rant!
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
I took Sophie to the vet today for her second round of shots.  I had to take the baby too and was not happy to see the waiting room packed (first come first serve).
There was a Keeshound, a Springer spaniel, two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, an Aussie, a shepard mix and a coonhound and a guy with no animal.  So I took Sophie and baby and sat next to the guy without an animal.  He immediately said "I'm a dog trainer."  Umm, OK.  So all the dogs settle down and the guy looks at Sophie and says "What's she, six months?"  I said no, almost 12 weeks.  Someone asked what she was and we started talking about Leos.  The "trainer" pipes in that his cousin had one but it was all black and weighed 200lbs. I ignore him.  Then the Springer got up to look at Sophie.
The "trainer" GRABS THE ELASH FROM HER OWNER and puts her in a sit!  Then he tapped Sophie's nose and told her to sit!  WHAT?!!!  I didn't know what to do.  Then he proceeds to tell the Rhodes' owners that their Aussie was causing "bad pack mentality" in the room and was the pack leader!  So wrong, the Aussie was obviously submissive.  Then he started telling everyone "advice" on training.  He was crazy-like he's watched one episode of the dog whisperer once and was now an expert.  He put his hands on every dog in the room and actually took Sophie's leash off my lap!
I had to wait an hour and a half with this guy!  It was all I could do not to snap!  Turns out he was waiting for his GF who was having her cat put down-um, why didn't he go in with her.  Then he asks me if I have any free kittens?!!!  Seriously, WTF!  Sorry, just had to get this out!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Moron at the vet's office-ugh!!!!! Long but had to rant!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:31:37 pm »
I don't know if I could have kept my mouth shut around this guy.  What a complete moron.  :P

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:08:29 pm »
Kudos to you for keeping your calm.  I definitely would have had a few choice words for the jerk.   Thank goodness our vet is an appointment type of guy! (Even in emergencies!)
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:12 pm »
Astounding. Wouldn't ya love to have seen the 200 pound all black "leo"?? What a tool...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:44:23 pm »
Got to love people like that!! I'm sure if he would have been at our Vets office today,Butt wouldn't have been such a gentleman ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 05:52:45 am »
You survived an hour & a half in a waiting room with a puppy, a baby and dealing with that nutball all at the same time?  You are my hero!   :-*  ;D  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:28 am »
WTF is right! Sounds bizarre--what a weirdo. Sorry you had to deal with all of that.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 10:37:27 am »
What an idiot..I applaude you on your restraint ;)

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 11:10:32 am »
Welcome to my world I see crack heads (as in their head is cracked and no longer contains any brains) all the time. You managed to keep your cool after he took the leash off your lap God Bless your better than me.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:25:51 am »
You guys give me too much credit for "keeping my cool"-  ;)the only reason I didn't snap was that I had the baby w/me.  Of course, that was fun too, holding a squirming 7 month old the whole time.
The guy was definitely on something or just plain crazy.  He also said he was going to get a Rotti b/c he wanted a guard dog.  I did say "Well, you should really get an alarm system then, not a dog" but bit my tongue before I ripped into him!  Thanks for "listening" to my rant!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:41 pm »
I'm with everyone else. I definitely would not have held my tongue - especially the second he grabbed the leash off my lap. No matter WHO you are or what you THINK you know you don't go around grabbing leashes of dogs you don't know or tapping them on the nose. It would have served him right if one of those dogs DID show him who was pack leader.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 01:22:29 pm »
too bad you couldnt have gotten his name and number - I would love to invite him to be in my vets office when Jake is there- He and Jake could have become acquainted and the jerk would then have had something to talk about-
I agree with everyone else- good job on the restraint- I would have been way tacky to the moron, espcially had he taken the liberty to remove anything from my lap. 

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 01:26:28 pm »
As Homer Simpson once said:

"I am so smart, S-M-R-T"!!!

Sounds to me like this guy was a special kind of stupid! ;)

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 11:54:27 am »
As Homer Simpson once said:

"I am so smart, S-M-R-T"!!!

Sounds to me like this guy was a special kind of stupid! ;)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa aaahaaaaahaaaa aaa!!! :D
What a perfect quote...I think this thread should end b/c this was the perfect ending!!!  :D
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 12:17:53 am »
You survived an hour & a half in a waiting room with a puppy, a baby and dealing with that nutball all at the same time?  You are my hero!   :-*  ;D  :-*

I second that!  My husband has a friend who's girlfriend also has a black lab around the same age as ours (their dog is an angel) likes to think he is the Dog Whisperer.  It infuriates me when he is at our house with their dog trying to control the pack (specifically Bo).  I just want to scream at him, "Do you think I've spent over $300 in training and am a moron?!?! "  I know my dog is not an angel like yours.  Of course, they get most upset by my neutered dog humping their spayed dog and act like he's a parasite.  It's not sexual!  Your dog is just the bottom of the totem pole in this house (my 14 pound female dog has a go at her too, but they just laugh at that). 
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP