Author Topic: Disturbing Craigslist posts  (Read 4798 times)

lookingfornewf

Disturbing Craigslist posts
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:27 am »
I may be the only one that feels this way and will probably take some crap for this post.
I was very upset at the Craigslist post about Owen and the Pug that got killed by a Newfoundland. I was upset for both parties. When we don't know the whole story or even anyone involved to get the facts straight I don't think these things should be posted. This happens quite regularly. If I wanted to read Craigslists everyday I would.
That being said, I do love BPO and very much value the advice of the members, and the cute puppy pictures. And yes sometimes BPO stories are disturbing too like the Rescue dog Cody, but if we know the people and can help that's what we are here for too. I look at BPO everyday to see what is new and miss it when I am away.
Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbing Craigslist posts
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:48:24 am »
Hi,

I totlly agree with the fact that censoring posts just doesn't seem right!! We need to see and read and make our own decisions, much like TV or radio, we need to shut off or move on from what we might not want to view, that being said as long as we "discuss" the topics and believe we all have the right to believe what we want weather we agree or not, opinions are just that opinions and we should be able to agree to disagree.

That is what a forum is, to me.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbing Craigslist posts
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 02:55:24 am »
I can really see the point of not wanting to read craigslist posts here and at the same time I wouldn't feel comfortable with censoring what people want to post.

I always appreciate it when the tag line of the posting has some warning if it is extremely sad, disturbing, etc. Then I can choose if I am in a space to be able to read that kind of information. It's when there isn't a "warning label" and I end up reading something upsetting that I wasn't prepared for that is hard for me.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven