Author Topic: cooling jackets  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
cooling jackets
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:54:15 am »
When going  to shows, i have been seeing people throwing a cooling jacket on their dog.  It looks like just a jacket thrown on top of them.  Considering hot weather is now here...i think it would be wise if i purchased two (one for each, since jaz comes too......) does anyone know what i am talking about? I have seen an awesome one on ruffwear.com but i was wondering if anyone had any other brands

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: cooling jackets
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:04:44 am »
There was a wonderful article in Whole Dog Journal about them. They did a great survey of 5-7 companies that make them and found which ones are worth of spending money on.
I will have to go through my magazine library and let you know if I find it  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:42:00 am »
august 2007 whole dog journal has the information that i need. BUT... i have all of them from last year EXCEPT that one!@!!!! SO if someone has the whole dog journal could you please tell me which cooling jacket is worth the money?

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:25:49 am »
alright...i give up on purchasing one...they are $$ for large dogs. SO...i found a pattern and i am going to make one...but what fabric do i use? Can you purchase chamois by the yard? any suggestions?