Author Topic: Need help yet agian!!  (Read 5289 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Need help yet agian!!
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:17 pm »
All of our dogs have their crates in our laundry room.  Bell, Baxter and Buble are in there during the day while we are gone and usually it is just Buble in there at night but sometimes one of the others will want to sleep in there. 

For the past two weeks everynight Buble has been waking up and barking at 2 and 4 or 5 in the morning. At first I thought he had to go out which he didnt he just looks at me like I am crazy that I dont want to play. 

I have just been ignoring him and hoping that it gets better.  It doesnt matter if the other dogs are with him or not he still barks like this.  I want to get a hold of it becasue I can hear him all the way back in our bedroom and the babies room is going to be right across from the laundry room so I know she will hear it. 

Help Please!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
Re: Need help yet agian!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36:06 am »
Sounds to me like Buble has taken it upon himself to start getting you accustomed to those 2am and 4am baby feeding times. No need to set your alarm, Buble will 'call' you when it's time for the baby's bottle :) Really though, have you tried having a vigorous playtime before bed? Maybe if he was 'worn out' he might sleep a little harder?
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:55:07 am »
Sounds to me like Buble has taken it upon himself to start getting you accustomed to those 2am and 4am baby feeding times. No need to set your alarm, Buble will 'call' you when it's time for the baby's bottle :) Really though, have you tried having a vigorous playtime before bed? Maybe if he was 'worn out' he might sleep a little harder?
Hahahahaha   Well I would rather do it myself I think!!!  Yea he is generally really tired and he goes in his crate at 10 or so and sleeps til 2. 

Offline Shadowsmom

• Gnawer
  • Shadow ~ lab/newfie mix at 10 weeks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 03:31:25 am »
My first thought would be that he's hearing something in the neighborhood that you aren't. Is someone going to work? Getting home? Hope you figure it out....maybe he's sensing the baby's readiness?? *fingers crossed for you*
Amy
fur babies:
Lily ~ Aussie ~ 9 yrs
Shadow ~ Lab/Newfie ~ puppy
4 kitties, and 6 baby kitties
2 Guinea hens
1 goat
2 rabbits
1 old chicken and 30 chicks
20 guinea keets
*whew!* that's a mouthful!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:16:14 am »
My first thought would be that he's hearing something in the neighborhood that you aren't. Is someone going to work? Getting home?

I think that Amy makes a good point.  How about leaving a fan or other "white sound" maker running in the laundry  room overnight.  We have to do things like this for our dogs when we stay in an RV park or something.  Otherwise we'd get zero sleep b/c our dogs (especially Pyrs) hear every little noise.  LOL  ;D

I hope that you work it out.  You're really going to want to get as much rest as you can, and that can be tough enough with pregnancy discomforts and then new baby feedings.   ;)  :)  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 12:23:13 am »
Ihave left the dryer on before but dont know if that works because that only stays on for about an hour and a half.  I will try the fan