Big Paws Only Dog Forums
December 14, 2017, 12:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Day  (Read 3717 times)
lins_saving_grace
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »

Mommy?  My toys are in a box WHY? 

We moved today to our new unit.  it's in the same apt. complex as before but around the corner in a quiet corner.  We love it already.  Grace was all excited and hyper about it but is on the couch exhausted.  Smiley

Moving is tough work for a dog.
MommaBear
Paw-meister

baby bear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:30:01 AM »

Looks like Grace was working hard haha. Glad to hear move went well and you are enjoying the new place!
lins_saving_grace
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »

we will love this place better.  Grace is glued to the window.  she can see the highway from the couch and watches the cars hypnotically.  We met a little chiwawa in the field today and they are now best buds.  we're both pretty pooped and sore tonight. 
marinafb
Majestic Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Oh how cute she is helping unpack i am so glad you both are happy in your new digs! I often wonder how miss lady is doing and does she get to visit miss grace? You guy take care Marina

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats
lins_saving_grace
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »

I haven't seen Lady since I moved.  My ex is somewhat mean and ugly and the invitation to see her again hasn't been extended.  I hear she's ok and that Homewrecker is in charge of taking care of her now.  I'm sure Lady doesn't get the same kind of love I gave her, and that pains me to death.  I haven't wanted to call him and see about visiting her and I don't want him to see Grace.   I was the one who loved and took care of Lady and Grace and having him involved in Grace is unacceptable.  Besides, he hasn't changed. 
I do think about Lady a lot though.  I tell Grace stories about her, but I think she has forgotten about her.   I try to make up for my missing Lady by giving Grace that extra kiss and hug and being that much more to her.  Somehow that puts a band aid on the gash left by loosing Lady.  And it helps with the guilt.   
MommaBear
Paw-meister

baby bear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »

Oh Lin!
It must be tough to have lost lady but I am sure Grace is loving all her attention. I am torn whether or not to let Chris see Bear, he keeps asking....the thought of him and his new girlfriend and Bear makes my blood boil  Angry...but I think she misses him  Cry.
lins_saving_grace
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:08:59 PM »

Oh Lin!
It must be tough to have lost lady but I am sure Grace is loving all her attention. I am torn whether or not to let Chris see Bear, he keeps asking....the thought of him and his new girlfriend and Bear makes my blood boil  Angry...but I think she misses him  Cry.

It's easier when you have Bear and you don't have to miss her.   I'm glad Chris misses her since that means he cared.  maybe you two will work out a visitation or maybe he'll stop asking.  But, I'm sure Bear will forget about him soon and you can move forward. 
I hate that Darrell says he loves Lady, but leaves her with his girldfriend.  For a man who waited 20 years to get the rott he wanted, he acts like a dead beat dad.  I'd feel better if he stayed home with her and loved her like I did and still do and want to.  She deserves better. 
You're right.  Grace loves her attention.  I am finally able to be 100% to her and am loving it as much as she is.   We bonded big time after I got my own place last year.  I was always jealous that she wanted to cuddle Darrell so much.  She is getting the love and affection and attention I think she's worthy of. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:10:37 PM by Lin » Logged
marinafb
Majestic Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:32:40 AM »

Lin i am sure Miss Lady misses you more than you will ever know you and Grace were her world you spent so much time w/them how could she not miss you? You love those dogs more than most people love there kids and your pics of the pups always showed that! I wonder if she still has the bandana i made he for christmas 2 years ago? Marina

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats
Icerotti
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 02:31:33 AM »

Congrats on your move Lins...Sounds like it is working out fo rthe best all ready. Wishing you and Grace all the best in your new home Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ali
BPO Fanatic

My girls!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 07:56:37 AM »

Lin, congrats on the new place - enjoy! Sorry to hear that you still have a pup with your ex. I didn't know that. That really sucks.

Mommabear - screw him. He doesn't get to see the dog. Bear will get over it. Get him a giant bully stick instead. Same thing, right?  Tongue

Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: