Author Topic: GUESS WHAT!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!!  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
GUESS WHAT!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!!
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:17:03 am »
We are going to (our first) foster a pitbull mother who is a PREGO!!!!(said with love) I can't wait, i can't believe that the hubby is letting me...perhaps he didn't hear me  ::) right...but HE SAID NO PROBLEm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: GUESS WHAT!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:38:31 am »
Congrats on your new and first foster.  I remember my first foster because he still lives here.  Shiner is my foster failure.  Good luck with momma and can't wait to see pics of her and the babies.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
Re: GUESS WHAT!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »
That is so cool, and I can so relate on the husband level (as in the I cannot believe it thing).  When I came across our Saint, Raja, my words to my husband were,

"Have I ever denied your hopes and dreams?  If someone told you that you could have a free 60" wide screen TV, do you think I'd stand in your way?"

HIM: "Probably"

Me:  "Well anyways... They take up a lot of room, but you know how I've always wanted a St. Bernard?" (My parents had fostered one when I was a kid and it was love a first sight for me).

To my amazement he thought it was a great idea.  I think he was drunk, but he fell in love with Raja almost as quickly as I did (even when I was having my 2nd and 3rd thoughts of, "We can't add another dog to this household!  Why did you encourage this!").   

Anyhoo, I like Pitbulls.  I'd probably never own one myself, but I know quite a few Pitt sweeties out there, one being my dogs best play friend.
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP