Author Topic: Update on my sisters' rescues  (Read 4338 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Update on my sisters' rescues
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:05:18 am »
Some of you may remember me asking advice on how to get weight on some severely starved dogs my sister rescued .

Well , there were two dogs , a blue merle aussie named Blue , and a Red Tick Hound named Jasper .

She got them looking really great again , the vet was amazed that they ever made it ! But then Blue developed some kind of abcess on his chest (I believe?) and it just wouldn't heal ....

Owner finally returned from Iraq and at first acted like he couldn't believe what had happened to his dogs (his wife and grown son had done this) .... but I don't know , after time went on my sister believes he's no better than they are . He took Blue back ( my sister was absolutely in love with this dog , and said she would keep him ,  but the guy wanted him back .... even though he won't let Blue in the house or anything) so my siter had to give him back as she had no proof that he would be abusive or neglectful to Blue . She planned to keep a close eye on him . Anyways , he took Blue back , and a few days later he called my sister and said he'd taken Blue to the vet about that abcess , and they found out Blue was diabetic and said he would have difficulty healing from surgery for the abcess so the guy opted to put him down !!!!!  :'( I am in shock . My sister is heartbroken ! The guy never gave her a chance to take Blue back .....

So she still has Jasper and the guy said he'd come pick up Jasper and take him to the pound . There's no way my sis' is letting go of this dog . But she can't keep him , he is a hound after all and she doesn't have the right home for a dog who loves to follow his nose and bray (sp ?) all the time .

So , if anyone knows of someone who would like to ad a purebred Red Tick hound to their family please let me know ! He's about a year old , up to date on vaccs , not house broken yet .... Loves kids though ! Not neutered yet ,but will be before leaving . Oh , and he's in Baldwin City , KS.
-Amy
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Update on my sisters' rescues
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 05:10:39 am »
That's so sad! Have your sister check the "wanted" ads on Petfinder and she can post Jasper on there as well.

If the owner won't let her just keep Jasper, does she have the means to offer him some money for him. I agree, she shouldn't release him if he's just going to take him to the pound - unless she tailgates him there and adopts Jasper out of the pound as soon as he's dropped off.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:50 am »
He doesn't want Jasper back , he just offered to take him too and said he'd just take him to the pound as it was actually his son's dog and nobody wants him now .
What a mess !  :'(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:35:24 pm »
That is so sad. I feel so bad for your poor sister.