Author Topic: Craigslist - gotta love it!  (Read 4704 times)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Craigslist - gotta love it!
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:24:57 pm »
This one takes the cake...  and I quote.. uh hum... that was my throat clearing...  "This girl lives in with sheep right now, but still will make a great family dog with some training"...   but they go on to say "I will not answer people that want to tell me about rescues,or what ever else. This is a well taken care of dog."   Of course it is... because dogs with no training that live outside with the sheep are obviously loved and well cared for.
 Now that is good comedy! http://louisville.craigslist.org/pet/659111179.html
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Craigslist - gotta love it!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:37:59 pm »
Sounds like she is a herding or livestock guard dog that lived with her charges(sheep).  She looks pretty decent but who knows with a coat like that.
I hope she finds a good home with patient and loving new owners willing to take the time to properly train her.
I wonder what her rehoming fee is??
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:08:10 pm »
Livestock guards already introduced and working with livestock are at a PREMIUM so I don't blame her for not wanting rescues.  This actually is a valuable dog and she should list on some of the LGD sites and also contact the livestock associations.  And the easiest dogs I EVER had to train to the house were kennel dogs that had never been in a house.  Just cause they live outside doesn't mean they need a whole lot of work.  She is beautiful by the pics

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:12:54 am »
Oops... guess I should clarify - I agree with you all completely that she is a valuable dog and would make a great pet. But Im shocked that they werent more specific when stating she is a livestock herding dog as opposed to "lives with the sheep." they make it sound like she literally just lives outside with them... not that she works for a living...
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)