3 (23.1%)
Blue and Rust
1 (7.7%)
Isabella or Fawn and rust
0 (0%)
Albino (a disqualificati on)
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Doberman  (Read 27139 times)

osirisdobermans

Doberman
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:35:50 pm »
:o :D ;) :) :-\ :-X :-[ ::) :P :'( :-*
Well what is your favorite color?

Mine is the Classic Black and Rust.

I am against whites and Z lined dobes so I do not like the whites.

GR8DAME

Re: Doberman
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:31:53 pm »
I prefer black and rust also. Had a red also, and everyone would come up and pet him and love on him, and tell me that he was a beautifu llab, or wiemeriner... and when I'd tell them thank you but he is a doberman, they'd jump back and say "Will he bite me??" I'd tell them "Well, you're still in one piece aren"t you?" At least with the black and rust people know what they are and I don"t get approached by the stupider part of the population.
Stella

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 04:14:44 pm »
I have 2 Dobes.  I like the black/rust the best.  Also I just adore ALL Dobes in general.

Jaimie

Offline Malishiku

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Airreyalis - Malinois & Shikoku
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 05:23:26 pm »
I prefer Black and Rust and Red and Rust over any other colors. Although, I'd like my first Dobermann to be a Black and Rust. After that my next one can be a Black or a Red.

I can deal with the Blues and Fawns but I personally don't like the Whites.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 02:37:10 am by Kimiko »
=(^ - ^)= / ) Corina A. Gonzalez
www.airreyalis .com
Belgian Malinois & Shikoku Ken

Offline Tracy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:31:14 pm »
That female is definately beautiful..... ;) My fav is black and tan hands down.

Offline RottnPeytonsMom

• Gnawer
  • Peyton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 01:30:00 am »
Just thought that I would add a pic of my best friends Dobes. They are wonderful dogs. I think it is so funny when my friend and i take his 2 dobes and my rottie pup for walks. People will cross to the other side of the street before they will walk by us. They dont have to know that our dogs are some of the biggest babies ever. My friend recently started fostering for the illinois doberman rescue so I will more than likely have more pics to share in the future.
Please dont forget me, for if I thought you would I would never leave-Christopher Robin

Offline BOBI

• Gnawer
  • I'M NOT YOUNG ENOUGH TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:55:20 am »
on the dobe colors;
  did you knowthat the fawn doberman color is a diluted gene background from the more commonly known red and rust colored types, and that the blues are a diluted gene background from the original black doberman?
and that because the genes are diluted and washed out so to speak, that is why the fawn and blues have so many genetic skin conditions? particulary the fawns. they seem to be more disposed to skin problems.
very few people are aware there are even 4 colors of dobermans. i specialized in the fawns, and when i took them out to the public, they were frequently confused with weimeraners, danes, hounds, etc.
  specially if it was before the ears were done.to increase soundness, you have to back breed to soundly color coated dogs such as a black dog with 2 black parents.  there are generations of genetics that go behind creating healthy fawn and blue dobermans.
personally i think todays dobermans have become too streamlined and refined, i prefer the old, heavy boned, german style. to me they look more like greyhounds. because of thier popularity, they have lost the original flavor. unfortunately. popularity usually means the ruination of a breed.
on a brighter note, anyone remmeber the movie "those amazing dobermans"?
 i love the tick tick tick of a well muscled ,well moving dobe trotting down a tile hallway or across a linoleum floor.
they are the apitimy of a perfect breed designed for a specific reason, a perfectly square animal, that can stop, turn on a dime, can jump, run, and that alert gaze of eye. even a poor example of a doberman pinscher is still a marvel of dog to behold.
can ya tell i am partial to the breed? haha
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING....    "HOLY CRAP, WHAT A RIDE..."

Offline Malishiku

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Airreyalis - Malinois & Shikoku
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 08:29:48 pm »
Yup! I knew that they are dilutes of the Black/Rust and Red/Rust. And I knew that they are prone to skin conditions. However, I didn't know about the back-breeding to soundly coated dogs would give a healthier fawn or blue. Thank you for sharing that information! It's quite useful!

I understand what you mean about the "skinner" dobes today. I also perfer the old-german style, which is why my Dobe puppy is going to be from an all European line. I'll at least get the temperment I'm looking for and hopefully a more sturdy build, well muscled, "square" Dobe.

I also like the deeper colored coats in European lines as opposed to the much lighter colored coats you see in American lines.

=(^ - ^)= / ) Corina A. Gonzalez
www.airreyalis .com
Belgian Malinois & Shikoku Ken

Offline TheDogBOwl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • The Dog BOwl - Think Outside of the Bag!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 08:39:45 pm »
This is my rescue Doberman, Sophia.  She is a red/rust & is 7 years old.  She looks amazing because she is on the BARF/raw diet.  She is the sweetest dog ever!!!

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 09:06:57 pm »
Is it me or is she spoiled with 4 beds to keep her comfy? hehehehe

Offline TheDogBOwl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • The Dog BOwl - Think Outside of the Bag!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 11:47:20 pm »
She was posing for one of the storefront photos... she really only gets one to sleep on, although she is a princess to say the least!

The Dog Bowl

Bed:  Totally washable (inside & out) - awesome!
Collar:  Handmade Italian leather with brass bone.  (fit to measure)
Will be available online soon:  www.TheDogBowl .com

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 03:51:03 am »
What a Beautiful Dobie.  A Dobie can never be too comfy.  LOL

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 06:09:06 pm »
I love all dobie colors I think everydobie is beautiful!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline kilbaraberry

• Ankle Biter
  • katie and 1/2 of pups
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 09:36:39 am »
 :-[ Im sorry but saying you dont like the white dobie is wrong,do you also feel that way about albino humans? I dont agree with condeming a colour of dog b/c it was born that way, Thats  as bad as saying ban all the big dogs b/c they could be victious, Its unfair,You do know about the operation white out dont you? People want to make any dobies born albino to be put to sleep, The people who breed this trait are wrong in doing so but to wipe out a dog b/c of the colour is WRONG!! im sorry for yelling but I love all dobies faults intentional or generic.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 10:04:20 am »
I think it was more of a statement meaning that  Black and rust is more preferred over the other colors not that the whites are hated by any means, just a personal preferance. :)