Author Topic: Dutchess and Duke then and now pics  (Read 2595 times)

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
Dutchess and Duke then and now pics
« on: August 05, 2005, 03:59:28 am »
Dutchess on the left, Duke on the right.

Duke on the left Dutchess on the right waiting for dinner.

Dutchess has always had this thing with setting on tables.She still does,LOL

Dutchess and Jess listening to the turkeys,gobbling.

Duke 1st Bday

Dutchess 1st bday

BabsT

Re: Dutchess and Duke then and now pics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 05:26:08 am »
Aww...what a great pic..the positioning of the last pic almost makes her look like she has a tad of Neo in there...I love watching big dog grow

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 06:15:55 am »
Tina ,((I just had a reply written to you and my cat Sooky jumped up on the keyboard and cleared the whole page,,CATS))

Yes Dutch went through a aweful period for awhile there.She didnt have any problems at all till she had her vacs done.Of course the vet denies it.After that her immune system went down hill.The vet treated her with a dip call Amitraz for the mites.Well that caused her to swell up, her head was huge.She looked like a pug on a dane body.I swear.The vet then gave up on her he said theres wasnt anything else he could do for her.
 I then took her to another vet a couple hours away from here.She put her on clovomox. I'm pretty sure thats what it was called.The vet  said she had a staph infection along with the mites,so they think it caused a bad reaction when the dip was put on her.That took the swelling down.To kill the mites they used ivermectin a dose everyday for 6 weeks.Rymidal for a week.Even that vet was leary of her making it through all that.She did not think she would ever get her hair back at all.Well Dutchess is a fighter and wouldn't give up.
She has very bad allergies now.Certain things will cause her to loose ALL  her hair like Tide, fabreeze, bleach ,bug sprays,frontline,Dog foods,corn,by products,etc...The list is to long to go into.That last pic was taken in Nov on her bday.She was on meds for another staph infection,which was brought on by all her allergies to everything.
Now I have her on supplements that are building up her immune system.Her hair is coming in so fast now.
I have pics of her during the whole thing but they are to graphic to post, so if you want to see them you can email me.There enough to give you nightmares though.I don't think many would like to see them.Thats how bad she was.Jen

Blair

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 07:40:03 am »
I love seeing pictures of them. Duke is a very handsome boy and Dutch is BEAUTIFUL!