Author Topic: Strange behavior Kiya & bee spray  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Strange behavior Kiya & bee spray
« on: August 05, 2005, 07:16:03 am »
I'll try to make a long story short. Last night I had to spray a corner of my house near the roof with bee spray. I got a small hive last week but they must be getting in thru a crack. There were at least 10 bees hanging out on the eave, hubby is alergic. So I put the dogs in the house, put paper down so all I had to do was pick it up (don't want them sniffing the spray). Quite a while later I let the dogs out before we go to bed. All Kiya would do was bark, with that rolling bark & she wouldn't stop. She kept looking at the roof. I didn't want to baby her with "its ok" kinda stuff, so we firmly "knock it off". She continued this morning when we got up & went out side. Apache & Chazzy don't seem to be upset. Last year we had a paper wasp hive in a tree & she did the same thing barking & acting weird. Any one else ever experience something like this?
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Strange behavior Kiya & bee spray
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 07:57:42 am »
Considering dogs have a very highly elevated sense of smell, maybe she just smells the spray and knows it's out of place in her environment so she feels she is alerting you to something strange??

That's about all I can come up with. OR maybe she KNOWS your husband is allergic to bees and senses some extras hanging around so she's alerting your hubby not to come out. That would be pretty cool, eh?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain