Author Topic: Somehow this means I'm helping  (Read 9847 times)

lins_saving_grace

Somehow this means I'm helping
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:13:15 pm »
So I'm working on another quilt and of course involve my puppy.  She's not as thrilled about this one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:13:53 pm by Lin »

marypyrs

Re: Somehow this means I'm helping
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:08:36 pm »
Lovely! (Again Lin) You do such nice work.  :) Grace looks good in blue - but I'm wondering - ? - Is she more of a Fuschia Girl?   ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15:57 pm »
:)  Thank you!   I like Grace in blue.  But her color is more of a purple/fushia. 

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 04:42:46 pm »
Lin, what do you do with all the quilts you make? (They are awesome, but you know that!)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »
Lin, what do you do with all the quilts you make? (They are awesome, but you know that!)

I have an idea.  :o Sell them to "untalented people" such as myself who could never - ever - never - do it ourselves - but would like to display these beautiful quilts in the home.  :)

You have such an artistic gift. The quilts. The photos. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:10:21 pm »
LOL.  That's a good question.  I hang the little ones on the walls.  the big ones I use on the bed and have a cedar chest I store them in.  I really don't have a ton of them to store.  This one will be my summer quilt.  I'm glad you like them.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:11:25 pm »

I have an idea.  :o Sell them to "untalented people" such as myself who could never - ever - never - do it ourselves - but would like to display these beautiful quilts in the home.  :)

You have such an artistic gift. The quilts. The photos. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much.  I have tried to sell them.  People don't want to pay so much for them.  but yet they will buy one for $2500 from the Amish. 
it's not that hard really.  Anyone can learn to do this. 

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32:18 pm »
Well there ya go, girl! Go live in a cabin with no electricity, put a butter churn in your front yard, and rake in the BIG BUCKS!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

jesday

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:45:01 pm »
I made a quilt once from a book I found in my moms store room.  Mind you I have never made one before. I cut out what seemed like 52,000 individual triangles one at a time, then sewed them together to make squares. Why didn't the book tell me to cut squares in the first place? I pressed all the seams open like a good little seamstress, went to a quilting supply store to pick out material for my border and backing only to become the laughing stock of the store. The clerk kept calling other store workers over to look at my top then whisper, whisper burst ol' laugh. Turns out I wasn't suppose to press the seams open, it weakens the quilt. I finished the quilt and my daughter used it for her bus travel blankie to all her games.  Needless to say I did not return to that store.

Your quilt is beautiful!

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 06:50:23 pm »
Beautiful Lins!!! ;D Grace you should be very proud of your mommas work  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 06:51:24 pm »
thank you.  :)  I figure....no one will see the backso if my seams don't look good, screw it.  i press the seams to the dark side.  I hate trying to press them open. 
you should try another one.  no one does it well the first time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:51:57 pm by Lin »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 06:52:20 pm »
Beautiful Lins!!! ;D Grace you should be very proud of your mommas work  :)
thank you.   She reaps the benefits by getting to sleep on them.  :) 

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:49 pm »
That is a beautiful quilt.  I wish I had the patience to make one.  I sew with liquid stitch...think a quilt would hold up with that...LOL!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 07:14:19 am »
That is a beautiful quilt.  I wish I had the patience to make one.  I sew with liquid stitch...think a quilt would hold up with that...LOL!
Thank you.  I'm going to be finishing it this weekend.  I'm so geeked.  Nothing like a new quilt on the bed to make the room feel new again.  :)  I love to make things I can really use. 

Liquid stitch?  Hmmmm  not so sure about that.  unless you just don't move a lot in your sleep and no one ever moves it.  If  you want me to talk you through making one I would love to help.

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 08:36:56 am »
What a lovely quilt, Lin, I love the color combination. Do you just do the piece work kind or do you top stitch design as well? My mother, 85, quilts. All her kids, grandkids and greats, get quilts for weddings or births or.....! Everything is by hand and takes months and months, sometimes years (ask my sister LOL) but wow! I admire your patience and your 'eye'. It is NOT that easy to put it all together and and have it come out looking so spectacular! Kudos!
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"