Author Topic: I never should have got out of bed....horrible day in my life  (Read 13310 times)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I never should have got out of bed....horrible day in my life
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55:29 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your sucky day and I hope they both get better fast.

What kind of blood work costs 1000.00??
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:56:52 pm by VdogLover »

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »
I had two dogs....both were tested for lyme, heartworm...th en titan also had to go his thyroid tested (just for piece of mind because of aggression issues) then they had to send the blood away for the rocky mountain spotted fever.... Titan's had a high white blood cell count as well as an extreme high eucrocyte count too...sorry for spelling...whi ch means either allergy (which i highly think) or internal parasites...wh ich we don't think.  Each of the heartworm/lyme test which was the 4dx was $100 each...the tick analysis was $200 each.  $56/office visit.  Titan had his first cbc and chemistry panel too, which was $230......no including the $250 for meds..... none of the bill includes the interceptor which we need 3 50-100 packages, and 2 10-20 lb.  So right there is over $200 for that, then i need frontline too...and that at the vet is 6 pack for $95.  I am going online and serching for cheaper because the vet said they will price match...so if you see anything let me know please!!!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 09:14:52 pm »
NM
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:13:29 pm by VdogLover »

marypyrs

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 09:30:50 pm »
I am SO sorry you and your Puppers are having to go through this. I know everything's supposed to have a purpose ~ but I'm yet to hear one good reason for ticks!

My Pups went in for their Wellness Checks today. I did the Hw/Lymes/Ehrlichia Canis/Anaplasma (I do it twice a year) and brought home more Frontline Plus too. I ran the idea of the Play Dead Herbal Collars by my Vet & he agreed it to be a good extra precaution. I just sent in my order to Petfooddiner.

Stupid Lyme Disease!!!!!  :-[ Our best precautions are not always enough. Maybe when Lily's Momma gets back home she can give you some good advice. The only experience I have had was with one of my horses.

Hang in there! It's bound to get better.