Author Topic: Missing link plus supplement  (Read 6256 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Missing link plus supplement
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:02:20 am »
Last night one of my neighbors brought us a puppy basket that she put together for Gunner.  In it she bought a bag of the missing link plus stuff.  I have never used this and was wondering if it's any good.  she also put some doggie desserts (natural choice, healthy desserts)in the basket.  I have to say both of my pups loved it.  She had frozen them and cut it into halves and she gives them to her labs as treats.
She put a bunch of rawhide chews that I will not give to him or Kira and some greenies (but dont they have to be at least 6 mos old to have the greenies?)and some other squeaky toys.
She is in love with my dogs.  When we first moved here she offered to trade a lab pup for Kira.  That was an affirmative no!!  And now she is spoiling Gunner too!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Missing link plus supplement
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:13:46 am »
Missing Link is good stuff- nice present!  Why don't you feed rawhides?  I would feed them before the greenies

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:05:30 am »
Rawhides are dyed in fameldahyde and arsnic (in order to get the hide off of the fur of the cow) ....they also inflate in the dogs stomach and can bloat the dog..cause blockages, and more issues. Sometimes it just isn't worth it. I do give compressed rawhide...or little chips...that way they are not big enough to cause a problem.  My dogs also do engulf them either though

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:47 pm »
Missing Link is good stuff- nice present!  Why don't you feed rawhides?  I would feed them before the greenies

I have never heard anything good about them(rawhides).  I have never fed my dogs the greenies before either.
I have always given smoked pig ears(now im hearing this isnt such a good choice either) or dehydrated sweet potato or chicken strips .
Since the greenies were gifted to us, I was considering using them.  I had heard that they were reformulated to be digestable unlike the old formula.
Well, im glad the missing link is good to go though...LOL!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:11:10 am »
my mom feeds her Doberman Missing Link. i think its fairly good product ;) And kind of pricey, so a Lovely gift!!!!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 02:16:49 pm »
What a great gift! How thoughtfull!  :)
Just a question....ha s anyone ever used this Missing Link Supplement?
I am on the hunt for something new for Titan and it looks like a good one... he has bad digestion problems...

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 04:48:06 pm »
We use the Missing Link on our Wiem.  We enjoy it.  Her coat looks awesome when she is on it and she isnt near as itchy and has a wonderful sheen.  I have never tried it with our springers just Bell. 
The only thing is we had to give it a couple of days when we gave it to her because it made her stools softer but not runny.  They firmed right back up though!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:02:20 pm »
AWESOME! Thank you!!
Right now anything (soofter) is better than what he is "producing" right now  :o
Thanks again

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 06:33:42 pm »
Just found this site that has the ML Plus for WAYYYY cheaper than petco or petsmart. I have to go and thank Linda again for her gift. It even comes in a 5lb bag(GREAT for the multi pooch households like mine!!) Did you know they even have a ML for humans??????

www.countrysid epet.com 

I just started the pups on it tonight.  I wanted to get feedback before I gave it to them.
I'll give it a couple of weeks and give feedback on it.
Thanks to all.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 06:45:34 pm »
Yea they also have Missing Link for horses and cats.  We really do enjoy it.  It also does minimize on shedding somewhat. 
It is really expensive for a small pack at PetSmart I am glad you found it cheaper!!!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 07:25:40 pm »
I agree!! I used to give ours greenies and ever since the fact they had dogs dying I cant seem to bring myself to buy another.  To me it was also very wierd how CRAZY the dogs got over them. I could take out some REAL chicken and a Greenie and the dogs would almost knock me down for a greenie. 

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 08:06:37 pm »
Just found this site that has the ML Plus for WAYYYY cheaper than petco or petsmart. I have to go and thank Linda again for her gift. It even comes in a 5lb bag(GREAT for the multi pooch households like mine!!) Did you know they even have a ML for humans??????

www.countrysid epet.com 

I just started the pups on it tonight.  I wanted to get feedback before I gave it to them.
I'll give it a couple of weeks and give feedback on it.
Thanks to all.
YES YES YES be the guinea pig!! LOL :)