Author Topic: Help Buble is still HORRIBLE with baths!!!!!!  (Read 11845 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Help Buble is still HORRIBLE with baths!!!!!!
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:21:35 pm »
Well hubby has taken over the bathing of the pups since I am now 8 months pregnant and about to pop!!

Well he is out of town for a couple of days and he said that he would bath them when he got back.  This afternoon Buble got disgusting with the sprinkler and the dirt.  He looked completely black!!  So I knew that I would have to bath him!

I pick him up to put him in the tub and he immediatly starts crying and than starts to freak out before I even have turned the water on.  It was a complete wrestling match.  I hurt my back in the process.

I dont get it we have had him since he was 7 weeks and he hasnt gotten any better.  It isnt that he doesnt like water becasue he plays in the sprinkler and the baby pool.  He also isnt scared of the bathroom because he goes in there all the time when the others are getting baths or if we are in the shower.  Help he is already bigger than Baxter and I dont know if I can do this much longer!!!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Help Buble is still HORRIBLE with baths!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 07:46:11 pm »
We did Peanut butter on the side of the tub to keep him occupied while bathing that didnt work.  We even tried treats in the tub while he didn t need a bath and that made him liek going in there just not the bath part.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
If weather permits, try bathing him outside. Mine HATE baths in the house, but are much better behaved outside on a leash. I just make sure that I can run a hose out of the house with warm water so they don't get chilled.
Stella

Please tell me how to do this.  I feel horrible when the water is too cold.  They behave very well even though it's cold but I wont bathe in cold water so why should they have too??
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 04:41:27 am »
Yea that was the only thing.  Our other two get bathed otside sometimes but it seems like they really LOVE to get nasty in the winter so we want to have the option of bathing them in a tub. 

Bell and Baxter are so used to baths that sometimes we just tell them to jump in the shower with us so that way they are getting showered at the same time. 

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:47:00 am »
ok, I see.  I dont have one of those.  We  have a huge walkin shower that we bathe them in the house in but in the summer we do it outside so there is way less mess to clean up and the carpet doesnt get wet with them running and rubbing themselves all over it.  DARN IT!!!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:37 am »
Oh hon.

When I was pregnant, Cabeza just went to the groomer. Or, sometimes the self-serve dog wash.

Or, you could get a teenager. I have one of those. She is good for an occasional dog wash. ;)