Author Topic: Cute tags  (Read 8355 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Cute tags
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:56 pm »
I was at the vet on Friday and found a flyer for this website. When I got Lily I had hard times finding unique and cute tags and I REALLY like these, especially brushed silver style :) Lily just got three of those  ;D

https://www.luckypet.com/
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Icerotti

Re: Cute tags
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:21:19 pm »
Thanks  ;D for the link. I just ordered a collar for Rosie and Farley with the name and # on the collar--those 2 are always losing thier tags. Farley got orange and Rosie pink..lol

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:06:34 pm »
I am glad you liked it and found something for your lucky pets! LOL
Mary W. Crane

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:29 pm »
Oh, I have those tags for my girls! I love them - they are great quality! You'll be pleased! (I'm talking about the stainless steel ones with the colored enamel, or whatever it is.) Kai has a red heart and Tani has a pink flower...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:41:04 pm »
Oh, I have those tags for my girls! I love them - they are great quality! You'll be pleased! (I'm talking about the stainless steel ones with the colored enamel, or whatever it is.) Kai has a red heart and Tani has a pink flower...
Whaaaaat? You knew about them and didn't share? :D
I was putting new license tags on Lily's collar and realized that her old tag had our house phone that doesn't exist any more >:( Very irresponsible of me! And I have been using a choke collar that doesn't have any tags on it. I figured I will go ahead and buy a tag for each collar she has :) I feel so much better now...it only took 2 years! LOL   ::) :-[
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:42:01 pm by People Whisperer »
Mary W. Crane

AudgePadge

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:24:12 pm »
 >:( why do you have to put these things up right after pay day???   ;D  I just bought...4 picture frames, and 2 metal tags...and of COURSE they had to have seasonal ones....

::sigh:: I have no money management...

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 05:08:16 pm »
i want a plate frame that says "Beware Rottweiler on board."  :)

Offline DaPeach

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:29:11 am »
Thanks for the link!   I was looking for new tags this week, perfect!

Karri
Katie - Pyr adopted 4/2002
Franklin - Pyr adopted 3/2007
Norman - cat 2004
Polly - cat 2005
Spike - Conure (the boss) 1992

OWN A RESCUED PUP?

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 08:55:10 am »
Those are cool,I'm going to have to get the boys new ones now!!
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:28:32 am »
Has anyone else done this? Instead of my dogs' names on the tags, I have printed, 'Reward4Return'. I don't really care if whoever finds my dog knows what to call him, or her, :) but I do care that they understand they will be rewarded for getting my dog back to me. I also have the microchip ID tag on their collars. I have heard some say that might give a dog thief the idea to enter the database and change the owner records. My feeling is; if the dog is lost one of the first notified is the chip company. Any attempts to change info at that point would, I'm sure, be flagged. Plus, you could get a direct link to the thief. Debates?
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 09:54:39 am »
We got some of the collar type tags for Cirra from www.boomerangt ags.com and they have worked well.  It is nice to be able to slip them on her collars.

Offline DaPeach

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:34:53 am »
I like the use of collar tags, but we use rolled leather collars on our pyrs due to the long hair.

I found a young beagle/basset wandering on the side of the road one stormy night last year...I was about 6 miles from home.  I picked him up & brought him home w/ me (after waiting in a nearby parking lot for nearly an hour w/ hopes someone was looking for him.  When I got home, I realized his nametag was riveted to his collar (very nice) & called the number on it.  The guy answered & I told him I found the pup, he asked "how many did you find?"...at that moment I wish I had never made the call  >:(

Apparently he had been hunting with two of his dogs & they both took off & he couldn't find either...he was at least 10 miles away in the opposite direction when I had called.

Has anyone else done this? Instead of my dogs' names on the tags, I have printed, 'Reward4Return'. I don't really care if whoever finds my dog knows what to call him, or her, :) but I do care that they understand they will be rewarded for getting my dog back to me. I also have the microchip ID tag on their collars. I have heard some say that might give a dog thief the idea to enter the database and change the owner records. My feeling is; if the dog is lost one of the first notified is the chip company. Any attempts to change info at that point would, I'm sure, be flagged. Plus, you could get a direct link to the thief. Debates?

Microchipping is great & I don't believe it would be bad to advertise that the dog has been chipped. With all the security questions out there, I don't think it can be done easily & I don't think any sophisticated dog thieve ring will be after my dogs anywho.  But I can understand the concern.
Katie - Pyr adopted 4/2002
Franklin - Pyr adopted 3/2007
Norman - cat 2004
Polly - cat 2005
Spike - Conure (the boss) 1992

OWN A RESCUED PUP?