Author Topic: Our weekend camping IN THE SNOW!!! (pics)  (Read 6564 times)

k2campbell

Our weekend camping IN THE SNOW!!! (pics)
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:01:36 pm »
Only in Alberta in June...good god!!! ::)  ;)

Rain was in the forecast...but no biggie, we've dealt with that before  ;) Set-up the tent trailer in the rain Friday night (that was fun in itself! :D) but woke up to a frickin' SNOW STORM Saturday morning!!! ::) :-\ NOT KIDDING!!! ::)

Kate was a MESS all weekend...dirt y, dirty dog! :D Oh well, what can you do...not too much! ::) :D Blake slept so well (must have been all that cold, mountain air ;)) and we were the ONLY campsite in the whole campground that engineered tarps over our firepit so we HAD FIRE!!!  ;D ;) I think the other campers were jealous because they kept driving past our site and STARING at our set-up! :D ;) Ha ha ha...suckers. :-*

The black dog in the pics is Kate's older boyfriend Jake  ;) He's an Akita/Black Lab...such a sweet old fella! ;) AND of course Blake didn't drink any beer...he was just sucking on the bottle a bit  ;) Please excuse my appearance, when I camp I don't bring a mirror or bother with myself...it's about taking it easy (well...in this case working hard to stay dry)!!! :D :D :D ;)

At the end of the weekend though, we had a great time despite the weather  ;) Kate slept all day today, all I heard from her on the couch was the odd sigh and fart  :-X :D ;)

Need to post a few times here to include all the pics  ;)

k2campbell

Re: Our weekend camping IN THE SNOW!!! (pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:03:49 pm »
More... ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:05:04 pm »
And the last few.

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:37:35 pm »
What part of Alberta?  We were in Edmonton for the weekend and we had no snow, but one th way back home, Fort Mac, I thought there was hail in the ditches, now I am wondering if it was not snow, LMAO.  And yes only in Alberta. :D

jesday

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:47:37 am »
Woke up to snow this morning in Spokane Washington.  June 10th!!!!! :o Fortunately it didn't stick, but my goodness. The fur babies were so excited. "Where's our favorite snow bank?"
Sorry to disappoint but I'd rather get their swimming pools out.

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 09:06:24 am »
Looks like you had a great time,despite the snow..lol
Wow Blake is getting big   :o

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:45:02 am »
What part of Alberta?  We were in Edmonton for the weekend and we had no snow, but one th way back home, Fort Mac, I thought there was hail in the ditches, now I am wondering if it was not snow, LMAO.  And yes only in Alberta. :D

Kananaskis, in the rockies  ;) Yup...only here!!! :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 09:56:42 am »

Kananaskis, in the rockies  ;) Yup...only here!!! :D

LOL Tim's baseball game was cancelled last Saturday when it started to snow. His game was in the North West of Calgary. In the North East where we live no snow at all?? Odd how the weather is in Alberta

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)