Author Topic: Good thing for retests!  (Read 4607 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Good thing for retests!
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:46:22 pm »
We took titan to his TDI test yesterday....h e did great the whole time, he was great with other dogs, he was fabulous in every way shape and form.  Our last test we did was the leave it command...well ...i bet that sandwich tasted great to him!!!  ::) Too funny..we tried 3 times and the third time...down the hatch it went.  He couldn't take his eyes off of it! So we have some work to do .....in two weeks we test again!   ::)   
(granted i was mad yesterday about this..but hey he is a dog and liver sandwich was on the floor! That is what we use for bait in the ring...he loves it! so i did blame him...but all my fault. I was so concerned with everything else except that...because it has never been an issue before!)

lookingfornewf

Re: Good thing for retests!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:07:28 pm »
Leave it is a hard one especially when you're not at home. It was the only thing Clifford failed on his basic obedience. All I could do was laugh. He does like his food, just today he stole half a sandwich from a workman that was here putting in flooring for us. ::)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:38:04 pm »
Sounds like Titan did very well..and a liver sandwich...tha t's not fair...
Any testing that I have been involved in only used a few chips or crust of bread..nothing as tempting as a liver sandwich..

I'm sure that he will get this..just another stupid human trick...

Good Luck

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:36:14 pm »
I agree with Tricia about bringing not so tempting treat instead of his favorite one  ;)
I was looking through my files and found our first video of Lily when I was preparing her for TDI test a year ago...she is so cute when she "leaves it" :D She stares at me the entire time without blinking  ::) :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHSTanh4XfA

After that I took the trick to another level by putting treats  ON her paws as well as in front of her :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:44:44 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:08:52 pm »
You can't use treats in the testing at all!!! The testing person brought the liver sandwich, and it was for the leave it...but i am sure it smelled wonderful to him..... in training all we used was tissues and vit c pills...in class that is...at home we can leave our dinner on the floor and he won't touch it at all...but it was a new place...oh well...

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:27:11 pm »
Not to worry. Tomorrow is another day. Your Big Boy will do fine.

I've done the same thing with treats on the paws. That's worked well here.

Next time suggest they do it with a watercrest sandwich.   ;) (Hold the Mayo.)