Author Topic: Overbearing Mastiff here  (Read 3497 times)

Offline KingBentley07

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Overbearing Mastiff here
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:49 pm »
I hava a mastiff that is 17 months old. He listens and walks well but is extremely over bearing. He has this habit of shoving his head into our laps and demands attention. I love my mastiff to death and I cannot help but pet him when he does these things but I'm a bit concerned that he may not grow out of this behavior and I will have a 200 lb dog that thinks it is a lap dog. Is this something that will pass as he matures or is there some way to correct this behavior? ???

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Overbearing Mastiff here
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:27:17 am »
These photo's are AWSOME!!!  I love the dobie who seems to think he is an 'afghan' hound, tee hee!!!

I think that it's a good idea to not reinforce this kind of behavior, because someone will visit and NOT appreciate it ... that being said, my dogs are all very spoiled, and I really wouldn't have it any other way ... And if visitors don't like it, they can go visit their 'dogless' friends instead!!!

Funny 'large dog' story ... our neighbors used to have a big (and I do mean BIG) black lab ... one day "Onnie" was chasing a ball into the kitchen, could not stop on the linoleum floor and but an enormous dent in the refrigerator door ... Onnie was fine, but the fridge became quite the conversation piece!!!
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Fable ~ 8 yeard old husky mix female
Minerva ~ 2 year old rat terrier female
Ozzy ~ baby Australian mixed with 'something big' male