Author Topic: We Are Back!  (Read 3812 times)

lorim2

We Are Back!
« on: June 21, 2008, 06:12:23 am »
Boy did we ever have a great time! The weather was awesome and the water was perfect.  The dogs were good except for the ride from h*** there and back!  Bindi was also a really good girl.  We got to meet Kathryn from BPO and what a sweetheart she was!  She def got my kiddo back on track to finish her school and finish in Texas!  Yay...I am posting a few pics but still going through them.  Beach pics are hard for my old camera.  Lanie was a lightning bolt so impossible to get pics of her.  Thanks to Lanie though, Marley is over his fear of water! 

lorim2

Re: We Are Back!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:13:53 am »
And a few more!

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:58:44 am »
About Kathryn..I wanted to elaborate on her a little!!  She took us on a tour of the aquarium and rainforest, which is where she works and it was totally awesome! Thanks to her, Sarah is so pumped about finishing her school and getting on with working in the field!  So, thanks so much Kat!!!  We so enjoyed our private tour!  You are awesome...

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 07:11:51 am »
I love the pictures! Glad you had a great time. YOu are so lucky you got to met Kathryn!!!! Glad your daughter has decided to finish school :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:24 am »
Hey Lori,

You are too sweet!  I loved meeting you and Sarah and I can't leave out Lanie and Marley and Bindi.  I had such a great time with ya'll.  I just wish I could have spent some more time with you.  Maybe next time and maybe we can hit Brazos Bend State Park.  I'm so glad Sarah is wanting to come into the zoo field.  Tell her to check with Fort Worth and Dallas Zoo for volunteer positions.  Usually if she volunteers for a zoo and they have a position come open and she has that experience she has a better shot at getting the job.  She will already know how that zoo works and they know her work ethic and abilities.  Plus, it will look good when she decides which school she wants to finish at and if there is a zoo near by that she can get a job with. 

I have to tell everyone that Marley and Lanie are the sweetest dogs.  I have to say that I'm smitten by Lanie she is awesome. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience