Author Topic: Great leather leads from IKEA !  (Read 4313 times)

Offline +four+leaf+clover+

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Great leather leads from IKEA !
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:21 pm »
A while back I was checking out new leads for my big boy, Brannigan (because Tilly - our new young female had chewed through  his old purple and very groovy lead) but every nice, good quality leather lead was mega-bucks!  (Pushing a hundred dollars!)  Anyway, on a visit to IKEA (love those free pencils) I spied a lead/collar set for about twenty bucks!  I don't use the collar on either of them, their old ones are fine, but the lead is SO NICE!  It must be bridle leather because it is supple and about that thickness and quality -  and it is all one piece with nice stitching on the sides and heavy duty hook thing at the end.  I want to get another (so I can chuck out the Two Dollar Shop lead and the Shrek the Third lead - don't ask! -).  I can't see why this would only be available in Australia because their range is world-wide, so if you have an IKEA .. check them  out!  (P.S.  Plus it's not made in China.)

marypyrs

Re: Great leather leads from IKEA !
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:13 pm »
Indeed. I will check them out. Thank you.

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:28:20 pm »
I really need to talk with you. Your Irish looks so much like our beloved "Potter". 'Draherin Antrim'. Please PM me or email at  marymjm@aol.com

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 01:29:02 am »
We get our leather leads from Fordogtrainers .com and it comes from Israel. The leather in Germany is also mega $ so we had to find an alternative. And now we have fallen in love with this company.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08