Author Topic: What makes an ear feel better till you can get to the vet  (Read 4422 times)

lins_saving_grace

What makes an ear feel better till you can get to the vet
« on: June 27, 2008, 04:54:53 am »
Grace is known for her bacterial ear infections.  Well...she started shaking her head at 4am and introduced me to an ear full of brown gue.  I'm sure it's one of those ear infections of the baterial kind since I've seen them many times before.  I cleaned her ear out and put some triple antibiotic gue in her ear to try to ease the pain/irritation until i can call the vet and get her meds made for this.   My Jeep is going into the shop today and I won't be able to get an appointment till probably monday anyway.  I hope the vet will give me something OTC for the weekend and I can zip by and get it before I drop off the car.
Is there anything anyone else has used to help while waiting to get into the vet?

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: What makes an ear feel better till you can get to the vet
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:01:43 am »
Hi,

A vinegar and water solution works great!!! Justmake sure it isn't too cold when you apply it.

http://www.vinegarbook.net/Clean_your_ears_with_a_vinegar_based_ear_cleaner.shtml
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:02:10 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:33:38 am »
will that make the brown goo go away or should I take her in anyway?  how many days to do this before it goes away completely?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:05 am »
ok the vinager mix is in.  it looks better...less red inside.  i'll put more triple antibiotic in later.  I think that stuff should get to the root of the bacteria.  i'll watch her for a few days.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:44:34 pm »
we're going to the vet at 5:20.  the doctor said no triple antibiotic even though it makes her feel better.  it clogs the ear.