Author Topic: 3 year old mastiff showing aggression.  (Read 3630 times)

Offline sparadie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
3 year old mastiff showing aggression.
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:45:10 am »
I have a 3 year old male Mastiff that is neutered, and in the last couple of months has been aggressive towards other dogs. He has always had a problem with other males but last night he went after our friends female dog that has always come over, as soon as I let him out he ran straight for her. Both my Mastiff and St Bernard got along great with her before last night, they have never had ANY problems. I am going to start more training with him, he did go through obedience class and usually listens pretty well. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any medical reasons Diesel would start acting this way. I am bringing him to the vets this week, but any input would be appreciated. Also he has this obsession with his logs that he plays with, it seems like he gets stressed out and NEEDS to go to his log. If he is inside its his ball and he shakes it back and forth so hard until he calms down. If anyone else sees these traits in their mastiffs let me know. I am very desperate to fix the aggression, he is my baby and I can't face what will happen  to him if he doesn't change :'(

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: 3 year old mastiff showing aggression.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:59:08 am »
I know that you want to have his thyroid tested as mastiffs can have a quick change because the thyroid is out of wack.  I know that our titan became randomly aggressive and we had a complete blood panel done on him. It ended up that he has lyme disease and rocky mountain spotted fever.  After giving him the doxycycline, the aggression has gone away 100%.  I would see if you could do a complete blood panel on him.  The reason i got him tested at first was because we were going to do a dramatic training method on him to kick the aggression (he is 12 months and 200 pounds and skinny at that) so that nonesense had to end fast). I am glad we found out what it was. His thyroid was perfect!!! YEAH... so it is just the lyme that made him aggressive.