Author Topic: RIP My sweet little Annie  (Read 8594 times)

angelsmama

RIP My sweet little Annie
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:21 pm »
When I was about 6-7 months pregnant my female Manx mix disappeared. We put up signs, we made calls, we drove the neighborhood but never any word on my cat. I just let myself believe that someone stole my gorgeous white and gray tailless kitty (she didn't even ave a nub). Well today we started taking the tin away from our back porch so people could start remodeling it tomorrow. When I removed one piece, I found my little Annie  :'( What gets me is we never even smelled anything, I don't know how it got past us what happened. My mom said she could tell by looking at her she had been run over. For over a year I have wondered whatever had happened to my girly. It was bittersweet I guess you could say. I thought almost everyday about my Annie. I know now what happened to her, and she was buried in our backyard and we will be buying flowers soon to plant over her. My baby girl can finally rest in peace. I raised her from a 2 day old kitten, spent countless nights up with her sometimes wondering if she would make it through the night. But she was my little fighter and grew up to be a stunningly beautiful cat. I love you always my little Annie. I'll never forget your sweet litle face and crystal  blue eyes. RIP my baby.  :-*

angelsmama

Re: RIP My sweet little Annie
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »
My guess is because it was winter time, that added to the fact of not being able to really know anything :( Like I said at least now I know what happened and I won't spend the rest of my life wondering what had ever happened..

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:58:29 pm »
Im so sorry, but at least you now have closure. 
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:31:42 pm »
We're so sorry.  We have a Manx as well and they are precious friends.  It is better emotionally to have closure, but so hard to let go again.  Remember the wonderful times most of all!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:33:05 pm »
RIP sweet Annie.  :'(

I'm so sorry for the pain of her loss again, I am glad that you have some closure and can bury her.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:59:10 pm »
I'm so sorry.  At least you will no longer wonder what became of her.  That, I think, can sometimes be worse than the pain of losing her.  Now you can think of her and smile every time you see the beautiful flowers where she rests.  Take comfort in knowing she loved you and in return, knew she was loved by you.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:45 pm »
How awful! At least you know how this story ends and you can rest easy knowing she is finally at peace.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 07:37:16 am »
Oh Cori - I am so sorry.

RIP sweet Annie.

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 08:58:29 am »
I'm so sorry that you had to feel the pain all over again. RIP sweet Annie.  :'(
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 08:58:29 pm »
So sorry for your loss..and I don't think closure is the right word here..she will always be with you..

It sounds like our start with Rysa and she is only 9 weeks old now..but she came to us at about 2 days..
Rysa has her own page  http://www.catster.com/cats/785629

But you know where she is and was and is again..

Whatever happened she found her way to your place and she will always be with you..

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:48 pm »
What a heart wrenchingly awful discovery! I'm so sorry... Poor Annie. Sleep sweet, kitty girl.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

angelsmama

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »
i cant find the pix right now of her when she had grown up but heres 2 kitten pics of her. basically exactly the same only a lil bigger. she never was a large cat

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:56 pm »
RIP Annie.
We don't always control when they come into our lives and we don't control when they leave them.  We do however, have the chance to thoroughly love and appreciate every minute they spend with us and the sweet memories they leave behind, when they go.  I am so sorry she is gone, but glad you know she's at peace.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats