Author Topic: I Need BPO's Advice...I have a Dillema...STILL NOT OVER!!!  (Read 21601 times)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I Need BPO's Advice...I have a Dillema...Final Cut... :*(
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 11:51:15 am »
Sometimes we find out our friends are not what we thought they were.
As for contacting the breeder...I wouldn't waste my time writing them. Since they sold without a return contract in the first place, I highly doubt they will care.

My sister and brother-in-law have dumped 2 dogs at the pound, without even asking for my help. I was told in both cases to stay out of it (parents). I kept my mouth shut until this past winter when they asked me to help them find a Bulldog. I don't think they liked my not so nice responds but oh well.
Now you know how your friend views her animals just be sure to never lend a hand if she looks for another.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 01:46:04 pm »

I know how you feel i have done a lot of rescues and placements,endless home checks,people checks i have even been threatened when i did'nt feel the dog was right for that home you just know. I don't sleep wondering why people do the things they do to dogs. You can only pray she is with loving people who will give her the proper care she needs.I guess you always wonder if there was more you could have done i know i have 3 dogs and worry about there care who is missing what i have given them the best quality of life i can that is my duty to them as there mom when i took them into my life. Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline charliesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 05:44:57 am »
WOW, this thread makes me sad and angry!
I could never ever give up my boy willingly (let alone to a stranger on craigslist). My God, that poor pup is a living being, not a piece of furniture.
I think one of the requirements that breeders should have before letting someone take one of their pups is, have them come over in all white and be surrounded by all of the drooling , snoring, poop eating giants! If the person can handle having a slinger hanging from their hair and not freak out, they pass. I just don't understand why people would want a breed of dog that they didn't research, have never been around or ever talked to someone that has one. These giant breeds are expensive to feed and vet bills are higher because of their size. The pros of having a mastiff are many - one of them is - just look in their eyes, you can see all of the love that they have for their family.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:45:45 am by charliesmom »

AudgePadge

Re: I Need BPO's Advice...I have a Dillema...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 10:02:51 am »
So...the whole thing with Mia... I kinda let it go, since she went to an AWESOME home...and the lady didn't think I was a weirdo because I asked her if I could bring Roscoe over to visit...she was all for it!  ;D  I'm keeping in touch with Mia's family, and they've agreed to the monthly visits <3 That's very exciting to me...

Now...
My "friend" is sick of the PIG!

>:( >:( >:( >:( really?? are you KIDDING ME? 3 weeks ago, she picked the pig over the dog...and now she's over the pig...He whines, cries, and eats too much...and I guess he was play biting her bulldog (she has an english bulldog and a frenchie)

Not that I ever really enjoyed the pig-but that's besides the point, he's a living creature and she went out of her way to make him comfortable a week ago!  I'm just completely baffled at this kind of behavior.

I told her I would help her, and this is the last time.  I just want to make sure that piggy goes to a good home...He's just really needy and I guess he whines too much for her.

First the mastiff was too "mastiff-y" and now the pig is too "piggy"

I just don't know anymore...Like I don't have enough crazy animal issues going on at home, now I'm worrying about Newman the pig...

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: I Need BPO's Advice...I have a Dillema...STILL NOT OVER!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 10:36:41 am »
What a nutcase! So, is Newman coming to bunk down with Elvis?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

AudgePadge

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 11:34:09 am »
What a nutcase! So, is Newman coming to bunk down with Elvis?

I'd love to...but I don't think Elvis will do well with the competition for food... :)

Offline charliesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 05:51:21 am »
http://www.pigpalssanctuary.com/
or http://www.bellydraggersranch.com/about_us.html
Don't know if this would help but it's worth a try.
Maybe they could give you a name of someone in your area.

I so glad that Mia found a great home and that you will be able to visit!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:58:12 am by charliesmom »

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: I Need BPO's Advice...I have a Dillema...UPDATED!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 12:54:24 pm »
I know she's your friend BUT call the breeder, let them know she's selling the dog to ANYONE who will buy her. Tell them the story about the pig. I hope you have a clause that states you will return the dog to the breeder if you can't keep her. I know if I couldn't keep one of my pups and I had a chance to leave him/her with a friend whom I could visit and still have contact with, I would value that much more than money.

I was going to suggest the same.  Call the breeder.  I'm sorry to hear you are second guessing your friends integrity with her pets.  I fully understand what you are dealing with and wish you and mostly Mia all the best.  Good luck.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

AudgePadge

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 10:05:54 am »
::SIGH:: I know everyone here is just as fed up as I am when it comes to this story....

....She got another dog... Apparently, her brother got an english bulldog a few weeks ago that he just decided he couldn't handle...(Guess it runs in the family)...so...she's back with 3 dogs...

*Sigh*

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 10:39:48 am »
Nooooooooooooo! Seriously?? Is she hoping the new one won't be to "bull doggie". Sweet jesus...I agree with Stella. Hasta La Vista, serial pet owner... :( It sucks to lose a friend, though - to find out they are not what you thought they were. I'm sorry...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Lyn

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 10:59:07 am »
Oh Geez! Not again!  >:(

I've been in a similar situation. I cut all ties and told her to eat poop. In other words.. Haven't spoken to her in 3 years.

AudgePadge

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 11:08:30 am »
I've cut all ties with her outside of work...but we share the same office...  :-\  So...now I just hear these things during "water cooler talk"---sometimes from other people...

It's frustrating that I can't really say anything at work...I don't say anything to her at all and she just doesn't get it...

BTW--she contacted one of my co-workers previously (who is an exotic bird breeder) and said I referred her, and that she should get a discount on a parrot! I emailed the breeder via Myspace and told her the whole story...thank goodness, she she told the serial owner that she didn't give discounts and she doesn't have any babies at the time... :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:07 am »
OMG Ok I haven't responded to this post yet but the last thing she has done to you just totally Pi$%ed me off. The gall to say that you referred her to this breeder! And that she is not only rehoming her pig she also got a new dog! You are a better person than me because I would have blown my top and ripped a new A$!hole on her. She is treating these animals like objects and not living creatures. I only hope that karma comes and bites her in the a$#.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)