Author Topic: runny poop!!  (Read 6908 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
runny poop!!
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:08:28 am »
 :( Poor Athena just can't get over her runny, runny poops! We tried the canned pumpkin and yogart and now have been try imodium liquid and now we are using the capsules. I know it's been hot here but she is in AC all the time. Have not switched her food so I am at a loss. There has been no changes in her routine either. I know great danes can get runny when there is a stress in their lives but really when she has had stess this hasn't happened. She can control it but her poor belly just girgles all the time. I guess we will have to see the vet this week if I can't get this stopped on my own. Any ideas what we could try or what could be the cause?
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: runny poop!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:29:24 am »
A food intolerance can cause runny stool. Have you tried switching her to a single source new protein? Such as if shes on a chicken based food putting her on a lamb based food.
You can also they The Misssing Link.

I pulled Breeze off of all Chicken and put her on a lamb food with Missing link and have not had runny stools since. Not sure which thing cleared the problem, could be a little of both, but I love not having to pick smear poop up from the grass now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:33:31 am by VdogLover »

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:00 am »
Could this have just happened? She has been on this food for months with no problem. I feed her Eagle Pack Hollistic giant breed puppy.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:55 am »
Perhaps an intestinal 'bug'? Sometimes a course of antibiotics, like flagyl, will do the trick. Maybe run it by your vet for his/her opinion.
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:00:29 am »
Could this have just happened? She has been on this food for months with no problem. I feed her Eagle Pack Hollistic giant breed puppy.

In that case I woiuld say no unless the formula has changed. Sorry, I thought from reading the post this was an on going issue.
Have you taken a stool sample to the vet?
BTW..Yes heat can cause tummy issues.