Author Topic: Everything they Say about dropping the soap is true... Sad/Funny Rant + Pics  (Read 6246 times)

AudgePadge

AGHHH!!!! It's just one of those days...I just have to vent...

Well..."One of Those days" can't start on time...obvious ly...

so I woke up this morning...45 minutes late, (of course it's not 5 minutes, that would be too easy) As I'm scrambling out the front door to get to the car...BAM! The biggest pile of doggy DUMPY I've ever seen in my life! Of COURSE, it's not just one pile...it's several piles, with paw prints in them  >:(  So after cursing the sun, moon, stars and other R-rated things...I cleaned everything up...and I'm on my way to work.

I work about...30 miles from home, naturally I take the worst freeway in SoCal, the 91. (it takes about 10 minutes to go a mile)  After sitting in traffic for an hour, I finally make it to work.  *Deep Breath* Ok...ready to work...

I'm working, I'm working, things are going good...and then... WTF??? Is that an EARTHQUAKE?!?!?! (5.8 ) of COURSE my overhead filing cabinet thing is open, so everything falls on me as I duck and cover... :-\

Now the clean-up begins...would n't have been a big deal, if I hadn't drank coffee, and if it hadn't knocked over on my keyboard and other files...*sigh*

Then, I get a call from the neighbor, that the earthquake screwed up one of the sprinklers in her horse arena, and water is flooding MY arena...I need to get home...asap...

Okay...lets do the 35 mile trek back, on the worse freeway ever..I pull up to my driveway, she wasn't kiddin...Mud and water EVERYWHERE...

but, this is where my day gets better...Monty, Mister OCD about being dirty...the COVERED in mud...somethin g about earthquakes, just makes him want to roll in the mud... Naturally, I giggle, take some pics...and again...the clean-up begins.  Thankfully, nothing is wrong with my house, plumbing, gas, etc...

8pm, done with the cleaning, on to a nice relaxing shower...right??? BWAHAHA! I wish...of course, Monty needs a bath...so...He jumps in with me, not to be left out Roscoe hops in too!  Next thing I know, I'm on my back, water everywhere, and the dogs are looking at me like I'M the one to blame! Turns out I slipped, fell, knocked my head on the toilet...  :-\  It's still under investigation which one pushed me...Hubs took pics of the near-whole-thing...He laughed, cried, and apologized... :)

Anyway, I notice I'm rambling, so Long story short...after tons of water, and soap every where...plenty of bruises...ever yone is clean...And I'm ready for bed.

Here are some pics to reward you for listening to my complaining :)

He's so proud!

It was a long day...

Roscoe 1/2 way in...

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!

Hey mom...get up!

*Modified*
Check out this Beauty

Forgot to add the "clean" Pics...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:42:43 pm by AudgePadge »

EllieAndBlu

OMG - that is just the kind of story I needed at 4am/et while I am at work... hahahahaha! Rest assured I am not laughing at you, I am definitely laughing with you. After all, I am the chick that slipped in her backyard a couple months ago... and broke my a$$, for real!  ;D

p.s. LOVE all the pics!!!

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
wow, that is one nasty bruise!!  Monty looks so proud that he was able to overcome his OCD...lol I hope your day today is a much better one and no owies or mud involved!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
OMG!! That story had me rolling. Poor you. I hope you took today off. After your day yesterday, you definitely deserve a day of sleeping in, a long hot bath and lots of wine and ice cream.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
Ugh.  I hope that tomorrow goes better for you!  Looking at them all clean and smiling almost makes it all worth it though, doesn't it?
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

AudgePadge

hahaha yes...well...t hey only stay clean for about 12 hours before they're at it again...

I'm recovering...I find that laughter is the best medicine, that and maybe a bottle of wine...i mean GLASS...Glass of wine  ;)

well...as Joe Dirt says...just gotta keep on keeping on! :)