Author Topic: Do you think there is something wrong in here?  (Read 7357 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Do you think there is something wrong in here?
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:45:55 am »
No wonder she still looking...idio t! >:(

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pet/793141875.html
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

AudgePadge

Re: Do you think there is something wrong in here?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:07:34 am »
:-/ I don't like how the email is "666"

jesday

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:13:36 am »
I answered her add with this:
[You may want to wait a few years. With a 3yr old and 7mo you must have your hands full and are not quite ready to take on the responsibility of a puppy. They need lots of attention and bonding time with the family. Not to mention the house training and chewed up everything. I'm guessing you see enough poop right now with diaper changes. A 3yr old is not going to remember if she got a puppy when she was 3 or 7. And trust me a 7yr old can be a much better help with the puppy. At 3 it is very hard to differentiate between a live puppy and stuffed one. And even with the best of intentions a young child can accidentally harm the puppy. Not picking up correctly, dropping, giving it things it shouldn't eat. Another reason to wait a bit is the expense. If things are a little tight right now you probably won't have much extra for the necessary vet expenses. No matter what we do, there always seems to be vet issues over and above the normal puppy exams and vaccinations.

Please reconsider your timing. I think your whole family will be happier, including your future puppy.]

It's hard to be civil with these types of things, but hopefully if not offended right off the bat perhaps some words will sink in. Let's hope so.

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 10:23:51 am »
That's a wonderful response! Well said. Tactfully put. Hopefully she will pay heed.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:43:22 am »
Did she respond? That was good. Probably fell on deaf ears (blind eyes?) but how could you not respond?  "We have no money and two babies and we don't care what kind of dog it is - just make sure it's a puppy that will pee and poo everywhere and chew up the kid's toys and eat the wall when we lock it in the bathroom because it needs too much attention". Duh.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 11:00:13 am »
I e-mailed her right after I saw the ad although my e-mail was not a polite as El'skids it was pretty good for my bad temper :P
Here is what she had to say:

"I am only tight for money right now cause i just moved, once i get back into the swing of things then i will be okay, i have a very good paying job, just right now i dont have the money to invest in an adoption fee that i think is outragous anyway. I have already had offers and am going to be picking up my puppy in another week when its old enough to go to a home. I have already set it up with my vet and have the money set aside for that. Dont worry my dog will be taken care of. Thanks. "

If she thinks that an adoption fee is outrageous what would she think about a pup from a breeder  ???
I am sure she is having hard time finding a puppy because somewhat good breeders or rescues would never place puppy in a home with two toddlers and tight money situation ::)
Mary W. Crane

marypyrs

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 11:10:57 am »
She "doublespeaks".  >:(

I feel sorry for the poor puppy who ends up in that situation. One more tied to the end of a chain or worse yet.  :'(

jesday

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 11:18:12 am »
Here is her response to me:

[I appreciate your concern, however i feel that we are ready for a puppy. My daughter has a cat that we have had for 2 years now and she takes very well care of it, she also just got a guinea pig that she makes sure has food without me having to tell her. She is very mature for her age, i want a puppy at this time so that they can grow together. I can assure you that i am able to take responsibility for an animal. Training a dog is not as hard as people make it out to be, i use to have one and i id just fine however i had to give it away because where we moved did not allow pets, now that we are in a house that's ours i know i will be able to keep it.]

As expected it fell on deaf ears. But at least we tried. I especially liked the part, "Training a dog is not as hard as people make it out to be, i use to have one and i id just fine however i had to give it away because where we moved did not allow pets."

Couldn't have moved someplace that did allow loved, well cared for, members of the family?? >:(

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 11:23:05 am »
 >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(   >:(  :'(

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 11:23:22 am »
Training a dog is not as hard as people make it out to be, i use to have one and i id just fine however i had to give it away because where we moved did not allow pets, now that we are in a house that's ours i know i will be able to keep it.

How did I know the way she feels about dogs? ::) :P  :'(

Mary W. Crane

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 03:38:28 pm »

Couldn't have moved someplace that did allow loved, well cared for, members of the family?? >:(
[/quote

When I see posts with excuses like this one I just fume.
Being a military family that moves every 3 or so years across the country and back and have ALWAYS managed to find a rental that we could have our Akita with us.  Has it always been cheap or easy?  H*ll NO!!  I just want to smack the pilar out of people who see pets as disposable.
I just had to bite my tongue today with a customer at my store,  a young airman and his wife(NO KIDS) turned thier sheppard mix over to animal control because they are moving to Fla and dont know if they will get base housing right away.  He said they will just get a new one once they get housing :o   
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak