Author Topic: Update on Zeus and Apollo (pictures!)  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Update on Zeus and Apollo (pictures!)
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:30:16 am »
Hi everyone!  I know I haven't posted anything in a while, but I still love this group and read everyone's posts often.  I've learned so much from you guys and I just really appreciate what a caring group of people BPO is.

Zeus and Apollo are doing excellent!  They are about 2 years old now and have really filled out.  Both are 100 lbs of fluffy, white sweetness.  They are currently in obedience class and we hope to get them certified for therapy work this year.  We've also started taking them to an indoor/outdoor dog park in Detroit and they just love socializing with all the dogs.  We also started taking bike rides with the dogs and now they run about 3-4 miles a day.  (Boy, does that make obedience class easier when they've had a nice long run just before! :D

I'm just amazed what a difference one year has made for these guys. When we got them in June of 2007, they were skinny, slightly nervous, very hyper and destructive, and occasionally aggressive with one another.  And now they're just the most wonderful companions I could've ever wished for.  And I thank you all for the advice and encouragement this BPO group gave me.  You guys helped make them the great dogs that they are now. 

I'm adding a link to some photobucket albums, one of the dog park they go to, and one of my family walking the Detroit riverfront with the dogs.  Hope you like it!

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/guthriefamily005/Detroit%20Riverwalk%20August%202008/

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/guthriefamily005/Dog%20Park%20August%202008/

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Zeus and Apollo (pictures!)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:43:41 am »
Those are some great pics.  Your whole family looks great. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:44:24 am »
They look so great, happy, healthy, and well loved! Kudos to you for all you've done for them.  :)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:03:30 am »
Hey Amy!  :) It's wonderful to see you here again! Your Boys are looking GREAT!  :-* "Fur" AND "Skin". ;)

Those Pups are SO lucky to have found you. They are beautiful!