Big Paws Only Dog Forums
November 19, 2017, 10:02:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your success with Herbal Collars  (Read 2823 times)
marypyrs
« on: August 10, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »

I'm just wondering how those of you who have chosen to used the herbal collars are rating them. "People Whisperer" mentioned the Play Dead Collar some months ago. I ordered them. I've been using them. AND  Grin I've not had one tick on either of my Babes or myself yet (knock on wood) this season. (I put them around my ankles too.)So far they've been fantastic.
People Whisperer
Supreme Drooler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »

"People Whisperer" mentioned the Play Dead Collar some months ago. I ordered them. I've been using them. AND  Grin I've not had one tick on either of my Babes or myself yet
I LOVE the smell of those collars Smiley Tongue Roll Eyes

"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Smiley

marypyrs
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

So do I!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Winslow 151
Paw-meister

Winslow at 6 Months

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

Hi,

In the Northeast I have been very pleased with the Play dead collar also.

I still use frontline and also sprinkle some diatomaceous earth in his coat before heading into the woods and SO FAR no ticks ;-)

Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad
Guardian Angel's White lightning
Top Doggie Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »

Those play dead collars....i think i may be looking at the wrong collar, this play dead collar says it is just for fresh fragrance...is this the same collar? by caster and pollux or something like that>
marypyrs
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

Yes they are castor & pollux and they are a chemical free deterrent. (Pennyroyal, Eucalyptus, cedarwood, citronella & rue) SO - they do have a wonderful fresh fragrance to humans - but - those nasty tick type critters don't like the scent.  Cheesy So far ~ So good! It's been working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: