Author Topic: OMG! They put the dog out with the trash!!  (Read 10771 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
OMG! They put the dog out with the trash!!
« on: August 14, 2008, 07:04:49 am »
So, I am taking my usual morning walk with my pups today, which is garbage day, and someone put their dead dog out with the trash! The dog was clearly old from the condition of her teeth, she had tumors of some kind, and was set out by the garbage can. The next door neighbor of this person said the dog has been ill for a while and that the neighbor didn't want to take her to be put to sleep. He said that the guy was "weird"--an understatement, I think. It just seems so disturbing to me that he would have had this dog for years and in the end, would just put her out with the garbage.  >:( ???

Jenny didn't want to go near the scene, Tipper wanted to sniff her, and I ended up just placing my hand on her and saying a little prayer for her.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:06:55 am by pyr4me »
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline FergtheBerg

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! They put the dog out with the trash!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:00 am »
It truly amazes me that some people would do that.  GIve the dog a little dignity in death!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:29:22 am »
Very little actually suprises me anymore, it just makes me sad.
I would have been burning up the phone lines; Animal Control and the Police come to mind. Even though there is not really abuse involved it sounds like neglect. At least they could take the old girl and release her from her pain. People are such A$$&^%$#@.
Stella

The neighbor did call the police. I'm not sure what will be done, but they were notified. He was very worried about his daughter seeing the dog and being upset by it.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:33:32 am »
Awww poor old lady.  Hopefully she didn't suffer too long.  RIP

A few weeks ago my friend called me freaking out because her dog had killed a young cat in the backyard.  So I told her to call different places, which she did and they basically told her they couldn't do anything.  When she called Animal Control she was told she could place it on the curb and someone from the city MIGHT be by in a few days to pick it up.  I went and picked it up.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:32:19 pm »
Thomas and a foster cat I had, Sammy, are buried at my parents' house, along with my sister's cat, Taco, and a whole host of pets from our childhood (our cat, 27 gerbils, 4 mice, a hedgehog, a turtle, a rabbit, newts, fish...).

When Sadie and Riley pass, I will have them cremated and spread their ashes at one of our favorite hiking spots (if we've moved at that point, then it'll be our new favorite hiking spot, I guess, or maybe I'll bring them back here). When Bevo passes (cat), he'll be buried at my parents' if I'm still living in Texas. If not, I guess I'll have him cremated as well and probably bring the ashes to my parents' at some point to bury. I don't know.

jesday

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 11:48:11 am »
Yeah, Porter is in the cupboard above the fridge. Sounds terrible, but I can't bear to see his ashes, so I can't scatter him. I don't want to bury him in the yard, I know we'll move. So I have a feeling Portie will forever "live" in the cupboard above the fridge.  :D
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats (ashes) in a chest in our garage. We moved at lot and I promised my husband I'd bury them when we got our retirement home. I didn't want to leave them. Well, here we are but I'm still having trouble burying them. So, I know what you mean. ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:38 pm »
That poor dog, how sad he couldn't have a proper burial.

My parents last house has a number of hamsters buried there.......lo l.  I hope the current owners don't do alot of gardening.   ::)

And at their current home, they have quite the pet cemetary going.  The family cat was finally laid to rest last year after living on a shelf in the living room for 4 yrs.  He was buried, jar and all.  I also brought my cockatiel Lacy to be buried there as I didn't want to bury her in Ca (she died shortly before we moved, had to make the trip in an ice stocked cooler :( ).  My sister also has 2 ferrets, 3 or 4 birds and a couple of hamsters there as well.  I'm assuming the family dog was buried there as well.  A few of them even have markers....... ....but they're running out of room on the hill.  May have to find a new pet cemetary soon.