Big Paws Only Dog Forums
November 19, 2017, 08:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bald spots?  (Read 4704 times)
RichL73
Gnawer

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »

Lately I've noticed small bald spots on my puppy. I don't know if it's from scratching or what. I thought it was the shampoo making him itch but I only bath him once a month. What could it be from?
angelsmama
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »

Go take him to be checked for demodectic mange. My Rott mix when she was a puppy had spots like that and it was demodex. You have caught it early if that's what it is.
kathryn
Supreme Drooler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »

Welcome to the board.  I would also suggest getting a skin scraping for mange.  Shiner had demodex when he was a puppy and he healed up nicely once he was treated for it.

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience
RichL73
Gnawer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »

Thanks I'll have him checked out right away.
angelsmama
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »

I got lucky with Angel she had 2 spots on her front right (i think) leg, and a thin spot on her left leg. The hair on her lips was scarce but not gone. It took $300 to get her mange free. Her last owners didn't want to do that, afterall to them she was "just a dog"  Undecided. But after the course of dips, she is just fine and 5 yr olds now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: