Author Topic: Is Nala a Ridgeback mix?  (Read 20064 times)

Nalamom

Is Nala a Ridgeback mix?
« on: September 01, 2008, 08:29:45 pm »
This is my girl Nala. Her mom was a chocolate lab, but she looks nothing like a lab, I think. The people that I got her from could only tell me that the dad was a "big brown dog" that belonged to the neighbors. She doesn't have a ridge, but the hair on her back goes in a zig zag pattern all the way down to her tail. She weighs about 50 lbs and is 8 months old. Thanks for the input!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:45:23 pm by Nalamom »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Is Nala a Ridgeback mix?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:33:31 pm »
It's possible.  Her coat looks like it.  There are ridgeless ridgebacks so she could just not have a ridge.  She is very pretty whatever her mix is.

Welcome to the board and I'm Kat and my crew is listed below.   

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:09:58 am »
We have a couple of Ridgebacks at my club. These are huge dogs. Bigger than a Doberman.
She doesn't look at all like them. But could still be another type of hunting dog mix.

She is a cutie and that is all that matters right? :)
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Nalamom

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:29 am »
Yes of course. I get a lot of comments on her odd face shape. People think she looks like a bully breed, but say her face is quite unusual. I cant help but be curious.