Author Topic: He Has a Squirrel Obsession!  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
He Has a Squirrel Obsession!
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:12:14 pm »
For Real. He Does.

A few weeks ago Mike was taking Miles on a walk and Miles basically pulled Mike into the bushes. He came out with a dead squirrel in his mouth (Miles not Mike)! :o :o :o :o I'm not sure if Miles realized it was dead. He always tries to chase squirrels and play with them on our walks now. He has gone as far as trying to climb a tree ::). And now he'll just stare out the window for hours and watch the squirrels and whine and do his "play" bark.

Who also has a squirrel obsessed dog!?
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: He Has a Squirrel Obsession!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:19:58 pm »
Naja has done that too.  YUCK!  There's nothing in this world yuckier then pulling a half decomposed dead squirrel out of your dogs mouth!   :P

But she likes the living ones too.  She'll tear off like a bat outta he!! if she sees one on top of the fence at my dads place.  I didn't even know she could move that fast!  :o :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:22:07 pm »
Naja has done that too.  YUCK!  There's nothing in this world yuckier then pulling a half decomposed dead squirrel out of your dogs mouth!   :P

Thankfully when he was firmly told to drop it, he actually listened for once. :P

I hope I never have to pull a dead one out of his mouth. :o Ickyyy.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 01:06:15 pm »
Tipper is the most squirrel obsessed dog I have ever known!! He chases them everywhere, but the trouble is, he can actually catch the stupid things (as well as bunnies, birds, chipmunks, etc.). If they freak out and stay on the ground long enough, he'll catch them everytime!  ::)  Luckily, he doesn't want to kill/eat them, he just loves a good chase, so he'll drop them pretty readily and want to chase them again. He doesn't hurt them when they are in his mouth--he almost looks surprised at himself, like, "OMG, I caught it!" 

Jenny has picked up a dead squirrel in her mouth before, but she doesn't care at all about the live ones.  :)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:19:05 pm »
That is funny.  they get so fixed on something they look for it.
Grace graduated from squirells to bunnies earlier this year.  She walks around looking for piles of bunny poo now.  It's really annoying.  She's never caught either a squirell or a bunny yet.   they're really fast.