Author Topic: New member, and newf search  (Read 4470 times)

Offline no.newf.ashley

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New member, and newf search
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:16:25 am »
Hi there, I'm Ashley, and although I don't have a big paw yet, I'm in the market for one!  I'm currently looking for a newfie, and after about a year of reaserch we feel ready to start looking for breeders.  I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on really good breeders, or ones to avoid, a pm would be great!  I'm finding that there are so many breeders out there, it's almost overwhelming.  I've spoken to a few of them, but want to get as many suggestions as possible, and you guys seem to be the perfect place to come and ask for advice.  I'm located in Montreal, Quebec, so any breeders that are around eastern North America would be great, however we would defintely consider having a pup shipped to us if need be.
Thanks for the help!
Ashley

Tonda

Re: New member, and newf search
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:46:27 am »
Welcome, and good luck on your search!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:22:14 am »
Hi Ashley!  Welcome to BPO!  I am Stephanie, mom to Sierra the Newf and Cody the Papillon, (I know, a little paw ;D)

If you've never owned a Newf before, get ready to fall in love like you've never loved a dog before.  I commend you on researching the breed and looking for a reputable breeder - that is an important first step. 

Looking into your local Newf club is a good idea.  They want the best for any Newf and will give you frank, honest advice.  You haven't said if you want to do something specific with your Newf (like showing or water work), but if you are unsure about the breeders and are just looking for a companion to love, you may want to consider adopting a Newf in need of a home.  Unfortunately because of the size, hair and drool, there are many homeless Newfs.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline no.newf.ashley

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:50:13 am »
Thanks for all the good information!  I'm going to look into our local clubs, and newf rescues around the area.
Sierra is such a cutie! I'm really looking forward to eventually having one, and will keep you all posted!