Author Topic: This is a nice German Shepherd Dog Forum  (Read 11437 times)

Offline ShepGuy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
This is a nice German Shepherd Dog Forum
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:09:58 am »
Looking good here with great software!  My name is Peter Landy  :)  I am owned by a 2.5 year old German Shepherd Dog.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: This is a nice German Shepherd Dog Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 04:58:12 pm »
Beautiful dog. How long have you had him? Do you work him at all or is simply a pleasure dog?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ShepGuy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:27:17 pm »
Hi Jamie,

I must say you have a pretty impressive dog yourself  :)

Thanks for your nice words.  Axel is from serious working bloodlines so he was made for work.  In a sense I work him because of his high energy.  But I have not yet prepared him for any titling.  This may change as I've started formal obedience.  You know it's very hard to contain a real herding dog breed as a pleasure dog.  They just don't stand still for anything <lol>

Peter
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GSExcellence/

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 11:42:20 pm »
He is a beautiful boy, such wonderful deep colour. I used to do obediance with my German Shepherd and they are sooo nice to work with, well when they are on the same page as you, they are clever enough to outsmart you if they feel like it lol.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:38:09 pm »
Hi Peter What a beautiful GSD you have--simply beautiful.  You and I are on another furm together--Home of the German Shepherd.  How is the goup you belong to--GSExcellence?  I was thinking of joining but I wanted to ask someone about it first.  I am attaching photos of my 2 children.  My black and tan female, Sadie, is Hungarian/German Show/German Work/DDR.  My sable male is 4 months, Nashoba, which means wolf in the Chickasaw Indian language--which I am--and he is from serious work lines German/DDR/Dutch.  It's good to see you over here. 

Offline ShepGuy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 07:42:48 am »
Hello Marit :)

Thanks for your nice words.  That's a mighty fine Mastif puppy.  I must say there's quiet a difference between raising a Mastif and a GSD.  I would'nt mind for a change living with a laid back breed with a very imposing presence.

Best Regards,
Peter
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GSExcellence/

Offline ShepGuy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 07:48:08 am »
Hi Vonissk

Nashoka is gorgeous <thumbsup>  The "east"  DDR lines are very evident as well as the great structure and temperament.  Myself also from "Hungarian" lines <lol>   ;D  As the owner of GSE I am not the right person to ask.  We have a great group of people with useful GSD related information.  But since the forum is barely a month old it is at times quiet.

Best Regards,
Peter

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 04:10:37 pm »
Hi Peter  Thank you very much for the compliments on my beautiful boy.  I know Max said there was no bad color but I have always wanted a sable like him and this is my first time to have one.  I think I will check your list out--you can never stop- learning about our great breed.  Minta