Author Topic: I am so angry!  (Read 5476 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
I am so angry!
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:19:48 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well we had some light snow today and the strays in the neighborhood are hungry.During the summer i try not to feed them but when i am pulling away and see them eating out of someone garbage it breaks my heart. Two if the cats are neighbor's cats they let room and NEVER let the inside.The part that really bothers me is the snow will be coming and i will see them looking for shelter :'( :'( One is a small white kitten and she has green eyes.I have cameras up all around the house and they are setting off the motion sensors so i always see who is eating etc.I don't understand why someone wouldn't let a kitten in the house?
I remind my cats how Lucky they are!  ??? ???
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

lins_saving_grace

Re: I am so angry!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:27:24 pm »
I'd be a little mad too.  i know some cats are outside cats.  My friend has an outside cat, but they at least let her in the garage or the basement in the cold.  and they leave food out for her all the time.  The cat seems to like it that way, but it's nice to know they give her shelter from the elements and food every day.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 12:16:32 am »
Some people are of the belief that cats can live outside  like a bobcat or something. But the sad truth is they are exposed to so many diseases and other animals that will kill them like raccoons and such. If they don't have them in the house why have them at all?? Doesn't make alot of sense. I use to leave and old dog house stuffed with straw for the neighbors cat in the winter and yes I fed it too. Guess I'm a sucker for animals that have it ruff. Guess that is why I have 6 house cats too!! ::)
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline einalem

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 12:59:47 am »
That upsets me too, I have a cat and he pretty much owns our house. If anything he is always looking for a way to escape, but he came back the two times he did succeed.

When I was living at an old apartment there was a cat who always came around, I started to feed it even tried to make it an inside cat but it would climb the screen as if trying find an exit. Once out he never came back, not even for food. Found out someone else started to feed him. :)
I love my boys:
Shoda -> Akita
Russell -> Chihuahua Pomeranian
Nemo -> My cat

And the new member of the family,
Lady -> Pomeranian

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 04:36:09 am »
GRRR!!!! Makes me angry!!! *picture me being very big and very green*

Oye!  I just cant stand that.  Though i did end up adopting the strangest most interesting cat that way.  I was over at my friends house and smoking on their back porch (they lived south of the city so it was a bit rural) and suddenly this purring like a chain saw starts from under the porch!  We coax out the little kitten (who seems to be a siemese mix-really cute) who is so desperate for attention that he just HEARS people and starts to purr so bad that he is almost choking!!!  I see that he has a really bad eye infection so i tell everyone not to pet him (we all have cats of our own and dont want to infect them too, just in case) but feed him and water him.  I tell my friend that if hes not gone in 4 days that ill take him to the vet and keep him.  So 4 days later she calls me and says that the chainsaw is still under the porch.  He had a collar and was so beautiful we just hoped someone would come back for him, or he would find his way home...

So we got Romper Stomer, who then became Little Keifer, who then became Keifer, then Little Evil to just plain Evil.  My ex husband still has him and grew up to be the most crazy cat in the world!!! LOL!!!  Really lives up to his name :) you would startle him and he would just about 4 feet into the air with a twist (no joking!!!)  As he got older he got more beautiful and took him to a breeder friend and turns out he is a ?birameese? a cat worth $700!!!!

Their loss, my gain.